> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, April 1, 2013

Quilty News Report

SewCalGal definitely enjoys sharing insights on new products, charity projects, designers....anything appropriate for quilting, sewing and embroidery enthusiasts.  Today is a special day with exciting information to share.

CALL FOR ACTION TO SAVE CHICKENS:
Due to all the cold weather, chickens are freezing and need your help to keep warm!  If you haven't seen the email about PETA's Call for Knitted Hats to Save Chickens (Keep them Warm), let me know and I'll email you a copy.  There are many chickens in need of hats and could use your help!  Possibly your Quilt Guild may want to participate too!

help save a chicken

The Quilt Show announces a new APP for Quilters

quilt show amazing stitch eraser

Alex Anderson inspired her son-in-law (SIL) Jerry  to create an amazing APP for Quilters. This product is a breakthru technology that will help quilters of all skill levels.  SewCalGal is blown away with how cool this APP is.  Every quilter is going to want to get this.    Watch this video to see how cool this new APP is:
  http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/5477


How do you like my Quilty News Report today?  Are you doing anything Foolish?  I sure hope sew!   We all need a good chuckle.

Print Friendly and PDF

23 comments:

Marelize Ries said...

Bha ha ha ha!! Sooo funny!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Thank you for making me laugh as I ate my cereal. No all of it went on the computer!

AJ (The Quilting Pot Podcast) said...

Thank for starting my day with a chuckle!!

Raewyn said...

Thank you for that!!

Lia*s Handmades said...

LOL!!!!!!
So funny!

Now, if only this was true ;)

Lyndsey said...

Such a fun start to the day. LOL!

Gene Black said...

Clearly I need to write a blog post. If I had thought, I would have my own video just for today.

Mary said...

LOL! You got me!

Dana Gaffney said...

Ha, we all need that app! I'm off to knit chicken hats. :)

Quilting Babcia said...

Yep, I can just see my chickens stepping out in those! NOT!

Snoodles said...

Love, love the funny video...."how do you expect to ...with those stitches?" heehee!
Thanks for the laugh this morning!

pcflamingo said...

HA! Roosters with hats! Love the unsewing too!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy April's Fools Day!

kaye said...

Honestly, I laughed til I cried. I only wish I had a chicken.

WoolenSails said...

That is funny, is it for real?
I have never heard or seen anything like that.

Debbie

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I almost believed it!!!!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, that was too funny! I especially liked when the phone started talking at the end, "Oh my goodness Alex, that design looks terrible!" Snort! :-)

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, that is soooooooooooooooooooooo amazing unfortunately, my machine is older, it does not have a usb port.

Jean(ie) said...

SAVE THE CHICKENS!!!!

teachpany said...

Happy April! Good ones.

Diane Wild said...

At first I thought the chicken hats were real then I said "Wait, April Fool?" Gosh, I hope it's a joke.

LuAnn said...

I'm wondering who got that hat on that bird without getting their hand pecked to death!!!!!!

Judy Alexander said...

Too bad this is not a 'real' app... we all have days when we wish we could 'erase' our quilting....