> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, October 21, 2011

Are You Getting Ready for 2012 ?

Have you noticed that your calendar is about to come to an end?  I'm planning 2012 activities, but need to get a calendar soon.  Amazing that 2012 is almost here. 

Counting the days till 2012


If you are like me, this may also be a great time to pick up a quilty 2012 calendar.
Martingale & Company, home of That Patchwork Place has two really cute calendars that I wanted to share insights with you.



These quilts were all award-winning designs from the 2010 "Quilts: A World of Beauty" show.


There are 13 quilts in this calendar, that are all beautifully photographed, which were made by Becky Goldsmith, Pat Holly, Linda Ray, Sharon Schmaber, and more.


This 12"x12" full color calendar is a delightful calendar that would look great in any quilters' home, and certainly make a wonderful Christmas gift for a fellow quilter too!  It is like having an amazing quilt show in your home, all year!


That Patchwork Place Quilt Calendar 2012, by Martingale & Company is another wonderful calendar that is perfect for quilters.


There are 12 stunning quilts in this calendar, compiled from favorite Patchwork Place authors.  Designers include Ilene Bartos, Vicki Bellino, Kim Diehl, Sara Diepersloot, Sue Hunt, Cindy Lammon, Nancy Mahoney, Terry Martin, Jo Parrot, Claudia Plett, Susan Taylor Propst, and Le Ann Weaver. 

Plus, a pattern is included for each one, making this calendar an exception value, with most of the designs being pieced and a few with applique'.

This calendar would certainly be fun to have in any quilters' home, as well as to use to make projects from this calendar too.

I hope you get a chance to check out these calendars at your local quilt shop, or online at Martingale & Company's  store.  They also have other wonderful 2012 calendars too.

But don't you think these would look great in your home?






13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Who made the quilt in picture #7 - the applique that one sure is pretty - I might have to get the pattern for that one in particular.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

suemac said...

Is that landscape really a quilt? Man that looks complex.

Jean(ie) said...

That waterside quilt is just gorgeous!!!!!

Barb said...

Wondeful Calendars!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm still wondering what happened to Sept. Those calenders are great, I can see wanting to move on to a new month for the inspiration.

Jocelyn said...

Wow this year has certainly flown by. Someone gave me a Quilt calendar last year for Christmas, and I have so enjoyed it in my sewing room. And what is even better is the patterns that are included. It's a great buy.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I bought the Patchwork Place calendar. It's nice.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Now, which to choose??

Josie McRazie said...

I look and look at the beautiful calendars out there, but I have to get my not-so-very-attractive-and-yet-oh-so-utilitarian Sandra Boynton MOM calendar!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow those look like great ones.

WoolenSails said...

I have one of the art quilt calendars, but I like the idea of one with patterns that I can use too.

Debbie

Barbara said...

What a great post - a review of quilt calendars! I love quilt calendars and I want them all!

Anonymous said...

I love quillt calendars (but not some of the prices. I plan to get the second one since 2 friends of mine have featured quilts. I'm lucky enough to own quilts they have made.

Lynn W.