> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Quilt Show Entry by MJ Baker

This entry to the Christmas Quilt Show comes from MJ Baker, a non-blogger that has submitted her entry to SewCalGal via email.

MJ shared:

This is the second quilt project I made when I first started quilting. It’s the pattern “Braid Runner”… a quilt-in-place pattern. It’s a table runner that I made for my sister-in-law, the gal that first inspired me to start quilting, and I made a duplicate for my mom too.

It’s a great pattern.



Beautiful! I hope you enjoy seeing MJ's skinny quilt in the Christmas Quilt Show too!



Here is a link to view all of the quilts in the 2010 Christmas Quilt Show. 

note from SewCalGal to those entering this Quilt Show. Several comments are from those that have no reply settings. If in doubt, about your settings, please go check this post and take time to verify your settings will allow me to contact you if you win.

21 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

What a lovely pattern and the colours are so rich. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

This is a lovely table runner. Great colours. What a lovely gift!

Becky said...

Wonderful holiday table topper! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

MJ, you did a wonderful job with this table runner. I love all your fabrics!

Thanks so much for including the no blogger entries. These ladies really should consider blogging if possible. I am really enjoying the show!

...Karen

Ariane said...

Love your table runner. So pretty!!

Linda in Calif. said...

Very pretty runner! I've never tried the braid before - but after reading your entry I think I will.

Joanna said...

I love it, too. It has a very rich look from the fabric and braid design. Your sister-in-law and Mom were very lucky to receive their runners.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

This is lovely. I love the way it includes so many beautiful fabrics!

Lois said...

The braid design really works out well on the table runner. What a great gift. I am sure it is very appreciated. Love Lois

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Very pretty!

Valerie said...

I found Akiko's whale pattern online last week and also ended up on Karen's salvedge blog --- you'd left a comment about wanting to make the whale and I didn't know if anyone had answered your query. That little guy was featured in the April/May '10 issue of SewNews. You can download a pattern for the individual pieces from here: http://www.sewnews.com/articles/Salvaged_Selvages There's no assembly instructions and you do have to enlarge the pieces significantly to get the whale to the scale of all the pictures. I brought the image into my draw program, upped it appropriately, and made a PDF so I could tile the images for printing. I plan to do patchwork squares instead of salveges -- and a polar fleece belly. *grin*

Nanbon44 said...

soo pretty, love that pattern

Amy said...

very nice!! what a great pattern,maybe we could talk MJ into becoming a blogger,I would love to see more of her pretties,Amy

Carol said...

I like the run of fabric from light to dark.

QuiltSue said...

I love the fabrics you used. I do hope you made one for yourself too?

Teresa said...

It's beautiful. Thats a fun pattern.

Unknown said...

Great table runner. Love it!

Nina Marie said...

oh what a good idea to have a special runner for Christmas - great job!!

Pat said...

Very pretty table runner! Love the variety of fabrics!

Nancy Sue said...

What a wonderful table runner! I love the pattern!

Kim said...

The tablerunner is beatiful.