> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome Spring! - Spring Brings Inspiration!

welcome spring copy

Are you eager to create with colors of Spring?  To pull out and display quilts with pastels?  How about Flowers, Birds and other delightful signs of Spring?

Today I want to inspire you to pull out your colorful projects to display in your home, to take time to create using colors of Spring, to step outside and welcome Spring.  Let's get a Spring in our step of quilting, sewing and embroidery.  I'm tossing away the gloom of winter and want to pick up my pace of creating and having fun.

Here are a few Spring inspirations for quilters:



{above} Beautiful Aurifil Threads certainly help to welcome in Spring. And, what quilter wouldn't want to receive an Easter basket full of such beautiful thread?

april showers by barb gaddy

{above} April Showers table topper pattern, by Barb Gaddy, available on Craftsy.com

HPIM5330

{above} Another Whimsical Garden, by Tina Curan.  This quilt was displayed at IQF Long Beach 2012, in the exhibit "In Full Bloom".

HPIM0388

{above} Life Lilies, by Grace Hansen of Temecula, CA. This quilt was displayed at Road to California 2011.

How do you welcome in Spring?



Print Friendly and PDF


12 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Quite beautiful....anything spring like would be wonderful right now. We are in the middle of a snow storm here....hoping it will change to rain anytime...lol

KaHolly said...

Spring things are slowly appearing all around the house, yes! Love all your pictures, esp. that last one. It looks like a photograph not fabric!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Beautiful quilts! I actually just bought a bunch of spring/ Easter colors so that I could make some easter things for my little guy. One of the few times in the year that its ok to give a boy something that is pink or purple.. LOL

Diane Wild said...

I put away the St. Pat's Day stuff and brought out the Easter decor. Put a flower applique quilt on the guest bed and a Spring Is Here sign on the front door although it's only about 15 degrees outside with a howling wind. However, the sun is shining. Happy Spring!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Grabbed my sunglasses...there is always hope for a sun shinny SPRING day in OHIO!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Did you say an Easter basket filled with Aurifil? Did you want to give me heart failure? Now I have a new lust....an Easter basket filled with Aurifil. Next I'll want a bathtub full....LOL :)

I love Barb's table topper, it is so clever and so cheerful. The other quilts sure do give the feeling of spring. I can guarantee you that there is no "spring" in the air in the Detroit area....it still looks like winter to me.

Thanks for the pick me up...and the rekindled lust!

Giggles,
Kelly

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

I have yellow and purple crocuses in my yard and around them is a thin layer of snow. And a friend wore a t-shirt today embroidered with a row of flowers that made us all smile. I think it is the gentleness of Spring that I enjoy. Thanks for marking this lovely day.

MalinisQuilts said...

I really love the Whimsical Garden quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Even though our grounds are covered with snow in Boston, it was fun to see the spring colors.

Happy Quilting!

Tammy said...

U caught my complete undivided atttention with the thread. What beautiful colors

Jan Baker said...

You are so cruel. All those beautiful quilts, I want to stop all the projects I'm trying to finish and start working on these quilts. Bad girl!

Shar said...

I love the colors of spring. Everything looks bright and beautiful!