> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Favorite Tutorials: Binding by LaVieEnRosie

I frequently hear quilters say they are not great at binding.  I am certainly not an expert, but I find that taking time to follow a good tutorial and practice really helps.   But more importantly, is "wanting" to create good binding and slowing down to use proven methods.  As such, when I saw a recent tutorial on LaVieEnRosie I felt her tutorial definitely needed to go into my list of favorite tutorials on binding and I wanted to help increase awareness of it.

Rosie's  tutorial on binding is well written with great visuals.  I hope you'll like it too.


Thanks Rosie for this tutorial and all you do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial!!! So many just cover just puting on the binding, not the "finishing off" of the binding.

have a great weekend, SCG!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this is something I can always use more practice on.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Gill said...

Off to have a look!
I love binding!

suemac said...

That was a great tutorial. I makes me really nervous about doing a binding. I am afraid I am going to mess up the corners.

Talin's Corner said...

I went over to see Rosie's tutorial even though I am quite comfortable binding. However, on one of the first pics, where she folds over the diagonal strip is something I have never done or even thought of doing. This will make cutting the strips so much easier than the way I do them today...so thank you for the info. I guess you can always learn something new.

Mama Spark said...

Thanks for this. My friend Pauline, Quilting Queen, did a binding tute over on Stash Manicure and I think it is the BEST one on the internet! Here is the link go and check it out and let me know what you think.
http://stashmanicure.blogspot.com/2011/02/yes-you-canbinding-made-easy.html

Cori said...

Thank you I make great quilts, but the binding is awlful. This tutorial will help