> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, April 29, 2011

What not to miss at Spring Quilt Market 2011


Spring 2011
May 13-15, 2011
Salt Palace Convention Center
Salt Lake City, Utah


Spring Quilt Market 2011 looks like it is going to be another fantastic event, packed full of new product introductions and inspiration.  I wanted to share some insights for those lucky enough to go, as well as those that can not attend but want to hear insights during the show.

Here is my list of things to NOT miss at this show:

AccuQuilt will be in booth # 229, 31, 328, 30.  Definitely visit their booth to check out their new dies that will be released at Market! 

Aurifil Threads will be in booth#809, 908, 10.  Alex will also be there to share insights with you on some new threads, as well as their beautiful collection of threads.  And there will certainly be some talented designers that you can meet in their booth too, including Sarah Vedeler!

Birch Fabrics 100% Organic Fabrics will be in booth #441, 43.  They have beautiful fabrics and organic cottons are certainly growing in popularity and are the only fabric for many quilters. They will also be showing off many handmade items from Melissa Lunden.

Cozy Quilt Designs will be in booth #1532, 34.  They have a wonderful line of books, patterns, and rulers.  Definitely check out their latest quilt patterns and the amazing new Cutting Corners Ruler designed by Sharyn Craig.

The Electric Quilt Company will be in booth #1911, 13.  They have a new printable fabric media on a roll, and Stash Spring 2011 will also be introduced.  This collection of e:fabrics has over 5200 new fabrics from 27 different fabric manufacturers.  Amazing!

Robin Quilts, Etc. will be in booth 2446.  Robin Gallagher is a wonderful woman and a talented designer.  I hope you will visit her booth and check out her wonderful designs,  along with her very popular Letty Bag. 

Quilter’s Paradise wil be in booth 1321.  They have some wonderful lazer cut fabric kits and rulers.  But take time to chat with them about their laser cutting service as you may pleasantly be surprised of opportunities to create custom laser kits and/or rulers for your business at very reasonable prices.

Patsy Thompson Designs will be in booth 1317, 19.  Patsy is an amazing woman, who is extremely talented.  She has a large collection of DVDs that are excellent free-motion quilting tutorials for quilters of all levels.  I think every quilt store should have these DVDs in stock.  And, Patsy has designs that have will be released at Quilt Market with Sizzix to make some amazing, out of the box of traditional style, feathered wreath quilts and other projects.   I think these new dies will be quite popular, but I also anticipate that they will open up the door for many businesses to create and sell kits using these gorgeous plume applique' designs that can easily be cut on the Sizzix with Patsy's new dies.

Sarah Vedeler will be at Quilt Market and you should be able to find her in Brewer's booth 10am-2pm every day and 4pm-close Friday and Saturday.  And, she'll be helping with the AccuQuilt Schoolhouse too.    Do take time to meet this remarkable woman who is taking our quilting world by storm.  Rumor has it she will also be introducing new designs at Quilt Market that are just amazing.

Schoolhouse is half hour informational sessions at Quilt Market that shop owners attend, to hear about new products, how to use them, what the trends are.  While insights on many wonderful products will be shared during Schoolhouse, SewCalGal has also learned that Lee Nakamoto, from AccuQuilt, will be giving a presentation that you will not want to miss.  Trust me.  Go to Lee's presentation and I think you'll be amazed at the insights you will learn.

QuiltMarket Meetup for Bloggers:  Amy Smart (Diary of a Quilter), Calli (Make It Do) and Nanette (Freda's Hive) have made arrangements where any blogger, or people who read blogs, can  meet-up during Quilt Market in Salt Lake and have fun visiting fellow bloggers and followers.  They even have arranged for sponsors to donate prizes (e.g. Fat Quarter Shop, SLICE Fabrique, Green Fairy Quilts, Aurifil, etc.).  Be sure to RSVP for this event which is scheduled for Sat, May 14 from 5:00-7:00 at The Blue Lemon,
55 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City



Follow Quilt Market activity on Twitter.   Follow all  tweets about QuiltMarket by using the  hashtag #QuiltMarket.  If you are unable to make it to Quilt Market this is also an amazing way to hear about what is going on, as it happens.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Get insights from Quilts Inc. on about Quilt Market on Facebook.
 
 

Alphabetical list of all vendors:  http://ow.ly/4HvHq

If you have additional insights about Spring Quilt Market, please feel free to post a comment to share and/or email me.

I'd love to be able to go to Spring Quilt Market to report my findings, but unfortunately it just won't work with my schedule or budget this year.  Still, I'm looking forward to hearing insights from those that are able to go.  You know how much I love, love, love hearing about new products.  Can't wait for Spring Quilt Market.  If you go, please share insights!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Who is allowed to go to Quilt Market? Only people who are vendors or store owners?

Monica said...

Again I am looking forward to attending Market. I can't wait to all the new things coming out.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

SO sorry I'm going to miss it this time. :( Have fun!!

suemac said...

I am hoping to make it to Houston in the Fall. Utah is a little far for my Austin, TX self.

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

bummer that you can't go...I am! I'll be posting about what I see on my blog, including attending school house and sample spree on Thurs.

Joanna said...

A few of the blogs I follow are designers who have been doing not much else but sewing for their booths for the past few weeks. I love hearing about the events and seeing the pics, but never really grasped how much work the individuals put into their own booths. I guess the market itself is the fun part.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Well, it would be nice...since it is only about 20 minutes from my house...that I COULD go and NOT miss these wonderful things that you listed...but, alas...I don't have a ticket. =0)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Chl said...

I am so excited that you are coming to Quilt Market! I get to go! So excited! can ya tell?? I am helping out ONE of my designer friends, there are many, you should stop by her booth. Ribbon Candy Quilt Company. I hope to put a face to the words. See ya in a little over a week. Travel safely!