> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, April 8, 2013

Mixed Media - eBosser embossing and Silhouette Adhesive Media Sheets

The eBosser, an Electronic Embosser and Die Cutter, by Craftwell is a versatile machine that not only allows you to cut a variety of media, from most die manufacturers (e.g. AccuQuilt, Sizzix, etc.), it also allows you to emboss media using templates from different manufacturers too!  
ebosser
And the Silhouette Cameo and Designer Software allows you to cut shapes without dies, including all the fonts you want!
 silhouette
As I wanted to send handmade Thank You Cards, the eBosser and the Silhouette work together to compliment each other.  The eBosser provides great texture by embossing the card stock, while the Silhouette Cameo allows you to easily create and cut your own word art. And, you have the option of using Silhouette's new double sided adhesive media sheets to also embellish your words with glitter, or other embellishment.

While the eBosser comes with one embossing folder, I also used Sizzix and Cuttlebug embossing folders with it.


P1010150

To emboss, you simply put your media inside of the embossing folder, stack your platforms, per the easy to follow embossing instructions and feed it into the electronic eBosser. Smooth as butter!

P1010103

I used my Silhouette to cut the words for my Thank You cards.

P1010111

Embossing can take a basic card like this....

P1010090

to this!

P1010096

or this one that was embossed with the ebosser, but the letter was cut with my Silhouette Cameo using Silhouette's new double sided adhesive media sheets and sprinkled glitter on top of the letters!

P1010105

I'm definitely having fun embossing and making Thank You cards.


Next time, I'll share insights on embossing metal and fabric!

For a limited time, eBosser has a special where you can get two embossing mats vs one, found in the typical eBosser package.  That is a $34 value, so if embossing interests you, you may want to check out this special with eBosser.


Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Looks like you have been having some fun! I'm hoping to be home more so I can get back to using my Craftwell Cutter....I haven't had any problems with my new one :)

Kelly

Barb said...

OH wow...that looks like a nice gadget to have.

The Slow Quilter said...

Looks like a great gadget, and I am all for fun and easy projects.