Welcome to the 2011 Christmas Quilt Show.
First, I want to recognize and thank all the Santas and Elves that have helped with this show.
Our sponsors for this event have been very generous. Thank you to all the sponsors! This show is certainly more fun for those that enter projects in this show, as well as those that come to view this show, by having these wonderful sponsors:
- The Fat Quarter Shop
- Aurifil Threads
- Martingale & Company, Home of That Patchwork Place
- Patrick Lose Studios
- Patrick Lose Quilt & Create Studio
- Quilted in Clay
- Sew EZ Quilting Inc
- Sherrod Studio
- ASF Lightware Solutions
- Martha Walker (Wagon West Designs)
- Quilter's Paradise
- Inchworm Fabrics
- Paper Pieces
- Prairie Moon Quilts
- Country Faces Folk Art & Quilting Designs by Myra Mahy
- Dennis McGregor
- Marjorie Busby, of Shop B Quilts.com
- Mojo Quilt Designs
- Havels Sewing
- Perfectly Personal, by Canda Kay
- Mojo Quilt Designs
Next, I want to thank everyone that takes the time to enter this show. This show wouldn't happen without you. But I do ask that before you add a link, please be sure to first read the rules that are listed further down in this post.
SewCalGal also wants to thank those that take time to view all the entries and leaves words of encouragement with the quilters that entered. After all, one of the best parts of entering a quilt in a show is hearing positive feedback.
LINKY setup below. For those that see a X next to their link, it appears to be a new feature of this linky tool and no one else sees it. To clarify, the red X only appears on links that you've added via this linky tool:
Sponsors for the 2011 Christmas Quilt Show
|The Fat Quarter Shop||Prize #1: |
One lucky winner will receive $100 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop.
|Aurifil Threads||Prize #2: |
One lucky winner will receive a Kit Art Amazing Threads collection, by Pat Sloan, for 12 colors of 40wt threads.
|Martha Walker (Wagon West Designs)||Prize #3: |
One lucky winner will receive a copy "Be Merry: Quilts and Projects for Your Holiday Home", by Martha Walker, published by Kansas City Star Quilts
|Prize #4: |
A lucky winners will receive the quilt book "Christmas Cats and Dogs"
|Patrick Lose Studios|| |
Five lucky winners will receive a pattern by Patrick Lose
|Patrick Lose Quilt & Create Studio||Prize #15 |
One lucky winner will receive the new book "Special Delivery Quilts #2", by Patrick Lose and published by CT Publishing, just released October '11.
|Quilted in Clay||Prize #16 |
One lucky winner will receive:
A 2011 limited edition ornament:
and another lucky winner will receive:
One pin and earring set of your choice
|Sew EZ Quilting, Inc.||Prize #18 |
One lucky winner will receive a Sew EZ Dresden Table Topper Kit.
|Prize #19 |
One lucky winner will receive two charm packs of their choice. Simply visit Sherrod Studio online shop and select which charm packs you would like and include them in your entry comment.
|ASF Lightware Solutions||Prize #20 |
One lucky winner will receive a Beam N Read Light.
|Quilter's Paradise||Prize #21 |
One lucky winner will receive kit that includes laser cut pieces with fusible and fabrics to make this cute wallhanging, plus the pattern by Jeri Kelly.
|InchWorm Fabrics||Prize #22 |
One lucky winner will receive two charm packs of Countdown to Christmas Charms.
|Paper Pieces||Prize #23 |
One lucky winner will receive a pattern for Christmas ornaments.
|Prairie Moon Quilts||Prize #24 |
One lucky winner will receive the 2011 Prairie Moon Cowboy Christmas Stocking kit (includes everything to make the stocking exactly as shown, even the embroidery floss and interfacing. It comes packaged in a red bandana, pattern included).
Folk Art & Quilting Designs by
|Prize #24 |
One lucky winner will receive a wonderful bundle: a yard of "Sandcastle" fabric and the two ornament patterns w/ buttons, plus 4 "signs of" patterns.
one lucky winner will receive a set of beautiful Christmas Cards, using quilted artwork by Dennis McGregor
|Shop B Quilts.com||Prize #26 |
Marjorie, of Shop B Quilts.com has generously donated a collection of machine embroidery designs, of her Holiday Medley collection, that works perfectly with applique' pre-cuts.
Mojo Quilt Designs
|Prize #27 |
One lucky winner will receive a pattern bundle.
|Havels Sewing||Prize #28 |
One lucky winner will receive: 1 each, Dura-Snips, 7” Serrated Sewing/Quilting Scissors, 5 ½” Curved Tip Sewing Scissors, and the Ultra-Pro Seam Ripper.
|Perfectly Personal, by Canda Kay||Prize #29 |
One lucky winner will receive a set of handmade Christmas Wine coasters.
RULES to enter some in this show:
1) To enter a quilt in this show: Quilts can be of any size (large, wall-hangings, table toppers, etc), Art Quilts, machine embroidered quilts, and quilts designed using EQ6/EQ7, as well as those that use Kaleidoscope Kreator. But all entries need to have either a Christmas theme or a winter theme.
For Bloggers: Your blog post needs to be released between November 28th and December 2nd and you can include one or more projects in your entry post. I do ask that you clarify in your post that you are entering the 2011 Christmas Quilt Show, that you include a link to this particular post, and encourage your readers to also come view the other entries. It is up to you if you wish to encourage your fans to come vote for your entry this coming Saturday & Sunday.
Upload "one" photo entry to Flickr and add it to the group "2011 Christmas Quilt Show". Then, copy the Flickr link to your photo entry and add it to the linky for this show. The actual steps you will need to do are basically:
1) You will need to have a Flickr account (www.flickr.com).
2) Upload your photo to Flicker, batch organize, send to groups, select "2011 Christmas Quilt Show".
3) After photo has successfully been loaded to the "2011 Christmas Quilt Show" group, click on your photo in that group and copy the URL link to your particular photo entry. Add that link to the linky tool above, to officially enter this show.
RULES to win a prize:
1) Anyone can win a prize. Just leave a comment on this post and you'll be eligible to win a Door prize. But, be sure I have a way to contact you. If there is a particular prize that you are interested in winning, include the prize # in your comment/entry and I'll do my best to try to match names drawn with their favorite prizes.
Additional ways to win prizes (all totally optional, but you can leave a separate comment/entry for any/all of these that you wish to pursue, which can give you 5 additional entries.):
2) Did you enter something in this show? Please leave an additional comment, as an extra entry where you can win prizes for those that entered this show. And, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you entered a Christmas vs Winter theme item.
3) PR Angels: Those that took time to blog about this event and/or post the show badge. Special thanks to those of you special angels that took time to help increase awareness prior to the show too! Please leave an additional comment, as an extra entry.
4) Viewers Choice Award: On Saturday, December 3rd and Sunday, December 4th you can vote for your favorite entry for the category of Christmas theme and for your favorite Winter theme entry. Just leave one comment with the #/name of your favorite quilt entry and let me know that you are voting for your favorite quilt. The entry with the most votes will win the Viewers Choice Award. If their is a tie, a non-partisan blogger will be asked to randomly select a number that will determine the ultimate winner. Prizes will also be awarded to a random selection of those that took time to vote.
5) Visit all of the entries in this show and leave a positive comment on their respective post by Sunday, December 4th midnight PST. Once you have visited all the entries, leave a Comment on this post to let me know you did this, for an extra entry. To clarify, you can't claim this extra entry until this weekend as entries are accepted in this show thru Friday night. While you need to leave a comment on ALL blog/flickr entries, only one comment entry should be left on this post to show that you met the criteria for this extra entry. Prizes will be awarded to a random selection of those that took time to visit all the entries.
6) And, of course, followers also get an extra entry. Just leave a comment anytime, to let me know you are a follower. And, thank you for being a follower too!
Prizes (29 total) will be divided and percentage of the prizes will be awarded for each of the above ways to win prizes. To clarify, everyone has a that leaves at least once comment has a chance to win, but those that qualify for the various categories (e.g. entering a quilt, PR Angel, Viewing all the entries, etc) have a chance at winning more than one prize. But please don't leave more than one comment for any of these options.
If you have any questions, please email me and I'll do my best to respond. Due to the anticipated number of comments, my apologies as I will not be replying to emails that I receive such comments. I hope you will understand and appreciate my decision to not try to keep up with such emails during this event.
Lastly, remember this is all about having fun, enjoying the holidays and sharing our love of quilting with others. And, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and winter holiday season!