> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sarah Vedeler

While I have previously written about Sarah Vedeler's wonderful Stars machine embroidery collection and AccuQuilt GO! Stars dies. 

Today, I want to share insights on another project that I've created with these products, how versatile these tools are, and how I think they'll also help make some wonderful Christmas gifts too.  And, there are a few other items I'll share insights too!


I was inspired by Sarah's beautiful table topper and decided to create a patriotic version.  This table topper will be a raffle prize in a 2012 fundraiser to benefit the Ronald McDonald Houses, that Thearica (Pigtales & Quilts) is coordinating. 

I was amazed how easy and fast it was to stitch out these designs.  While Sarah created these beautiful machine embroidery designs to sparkle with a variety of thread colors, I opted to stitch out this design collection in three colores (red, white, blue) and was very pleased with how they turned out. I also used Aurifil threads and to my delight, didn't have a single thread break while doing the machine embroidery. 

I can visualize how this table topper, or a wallhanging, or a quilt with these designs would look in Fall colors, Christmas colors, Spring Colors, or just about any color pallette.  I do believe the possibilities are endless to create beautiful items with these designs.  And they certainly make great Christmas gifts too!

While you can stitch out these machine embroidery designs with manually cutting your fabrics, I must admit the AccuQuilt dies make it very easy and fast.  I truly can't imagine making such a project without the help of AccuQuilt.  I'd probably still be working on such a project vs sharing insights with you.
AccuQuilt also has a free pattern to make a cute quilt using these AccuQuilt dies and Sarah's machine embroidery designs, or you could do a manual machine or hand applique'.

The GO! bloom designs, which I've also shared insights previously, are also fun and easy to make projects with and work well with the corresponding AccuQuilt dies to help you make table toppers, wallhangings, quilts and other projects.


Sarah will also be teaching a two-day machine embroidery class, Mon., Jan 16th and Tuesday, January 17th,  at the Road to California Quilt Show in 2012.  This class will focus on making a beautiful project that  is 15"x15" using these designs, that could easily be turned into a beautiful pillow, table topper, wallhanging or other project.  I've had so much fun with these designs and taking other classes with Sarah, I signed up for this class and am very much looking forward to it.

This is also a great time of year to create using the Sparkle designs which also has supporting AccuQuilt dies.  I am definitely going to be getting into the holiday spirit as I work on this project this month!

The Heather Feather machine embroidery design set was released with templates to traditional cut your pieces, or for those with Bernina's Cutwork Software, Sarah has provided a file where you can cut the fabric pieces with your cutwork tool. But I'm delighted that at the coming Quilt Market Sarah Vedeler and AccuQuilt will be releasing a new Heather Feather die set. They are also the new two tone dies that makes fabric placement on an AccuQuilt die easier. Plus, Sarah will be introducing a new machine embroidery design set at Quilt Market, that also works with the new Heather Feather dies, called Jazzilicious!


Sarah Vedeler is so very talented and her designs always stitch out beautifully.  SewCalGal definitely recommends these designs for all machine embroidery enthusiasts.  These are all world class machine embroidery designs that create spectacular projects!


http://sarahvedelerdesigns.com/
http://www.sarahvedelerdesignsshop.com/

6 comments:

Barb said...

What an awesome topper you made, I am sure it will do well in the raffle.

Enjoyed your post!

Sarah Vedeler said...

Love your patriotic colors! Great job :-)

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful pieces, I really want to make things like that, so need to start using my machine more and learning how to use it.

Debbie

Joanna said...

Your runner looks great. Love it.

Caren Kristine said...

Looks great, very bright.

Theresa said...

Love the look of these embroidery designs and having just invested in a Go I am tempted to try them out but don't have an embroidery machine - do you have any embroidery machine recommendations?