> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sarah Vedeler STARS Collection


I've been having fun playing with Sarah Vedeler's STARS machine embroidery collection and wanted to share some insights with you on this spectacular collection.  I have truly been amazed at the detail and quality of these ME designs and how beautifully they stitch out.  It is amazing how different they look using applique vs no applique, and changing color combinations, yet each one looks beautiful when finished.  And each one stitches out brilliantly!

My first test stitch out was on a pasmina.  I think it looks great (photo doesn't do it justice).


 Actually, I think all of the ME designs in this collection stitch out beautiful applique stars that are as spectacular as the stars in the sky on a moonless night!  I love them all!

This design set was released in November 2010 as a premier collection special edition.  It has 35 machine embroidery designs and also comes with instructions to make this spectacular quilt, designed by Sarah Vedeler.  Personally, I believe if Sarah enters this beautiful quilt she'll win another lst place at IQF Houston this year!  It is beautiful!
And free instructions are on Sarah's blog to make this lovely table runner:



While these ME designs allow you to apply applique the manual way, they are also designed to work with six AccuQuilt GO! dies that really help you create projects faster and more accurate. 

  • GO! Star 5-Point (55310)
  • GO! Star Medley-5 Point (55311)
  • GO! Star 6-Point (55312)
  • GO! Star Medley-6 Point (55313)
  • GO! Star Points (55314)
  • GO! Star 8-Point (55315)

The design sizes of each star range from small ( 3 1/2"), medium (5"), to large (10") diameters.  Large stars can be split for multiple hoopings.  ME formats included on this CD are: .exp, .art, .art60, .pes, .pcs, .dst, .hus, .xxx, .sew, .vp3, and .jef.

I'm looking forward to creating several projects with this CD and will share more insight with you as I do.  I purchased the dupioni silks to make a patriotic table runner and I also want to use the Stars silk collection that Sarah created, specificially for making her quilt design.  They are yummy colors that also go well with her Silk Stars Aurifil thread collection, which I found stitches out beautiful and truly does look fantastic with these designs, even though they do stitch out well with other threads too.  I just found that my eye was drawn to the stitch outs using the Aurifil thread vs other brands I played with on these designs.

The possibilities of what you can create with this ME collection are endless.  I'm dreaming of table toppers, quilts, embellished sweatshirts & jackets.  I definitely have plans for projects for me, as well as some projects for gifts.  This design set certainly exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys machine embroidery.  I think you'll love it too!

http://www.sarahvedelerdesignsshop.com/

AccuQuilt is also celebrating machine embroidery month with a special sale on all embroidery GO! dies and ME related products.  Sale ends February 27th

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I do love the quilts I saw with the embroidery done with them. I have a machine that can do that, so maybe someday, that will be something I can do.

Debbie

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Sarah's work is beautiful and I love it on your pashmina....so pretty.

Now, don't you go making me want an embroidery machine....I don't need one more thing to use my time...they are just so pretty.

Smiles,
Kelly

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Sarah's designs are almost "mouth-watering"! Her designs can turn a person's quilt into something magic! Your pictures show some pretty makings..

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

fabricartist21 said...

Oh so pretty! When I get time I am going to try these designs also from accuquilt. I am having a blog giveaway to get a few more followers. If you have time, Darlene go in and check me out. I have neglected my blog for a while and need to regroup. I love your blog page and avatar, so cute.

Barb said...

I think her work is amazing and when it translates to your work, it is just as amazing.

Quilthaze said...

Thanks for showing us the collection - your pashmina is lovely. I do have an embroidery module for my machine but rarely use it so your post has got me hankering to play with it again!

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

Beautiful embroidery. So many tricky tools out there and so little time to do it all. If only I didn't have to work for a living.

fabricartist21 said...

Say we all need a place for polite thank yous and other info but anyway thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway.

sewfunquilts said...

Whoo Hoo! Can hardly wait to see your silk runners. Great review you did and makes me want it! drats!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful...

Pam

Marjorie said...

I have been debating both the stars and hearts collection. It's nice to see them done,and I hadn't even thought about how nice they would look even without the appliqué pieces. Thanks for the ideas.