> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to wish my Canadian friends a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Should we (Americans) tease you that you like to sit down to dinner early?  For those that may not know what I'm talking about, today is Thanksgiving day in Canada.

Fall is one of my favorite times.  And, I have always enjoyed Thanksgiving.  It is a fun time to get together with family & friends. 



I enjoy the colors, the smells, and the smiles. 

What do you enjoy about Fall and Thanksgiving?

thanksgiving Pictures, Images and Photos

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanksgiving has always been a big holiday with my hubbys family. All of the family gathers together for a meal and fellowship. My mother in law has been in poor health for the last 3 years, so each year we have been thankful that she is still with us (at 90 years old!)

Marsha said...

Happy Thanksgiving I know we have alot to be thankful for. I love the colors of Thanksgiving and Fall, that's my favorite, Quilts being made with those fall colors Awesome!!!!

quiltmania said...

Thanks for thinking of us Canadians. The best part of Thanksgiving is the opportunity to get family and friends together for a large turkey dinner. Mmm. TURKEY.

Vicki said...

Thanks Darlene. We actually celebrated with our friends yesterday and had a lovely dinner with all the goodies. Today is quilting and enjoying the leftovers. By the way Happy Columbus Day to you and all the American readers.

Mom C said...

I've wondered why we Americans have Thanksgiving so late in the year. You Canadians are smart. If we're celebrating the harvest, well, that's right now . We just had our first frost so most of my garden is finished. All the fruit is in, except for the apples, we dug the potatoes and picked the squash and we could have a great garden meal. By the end of November there's absolutely nothing left of the harvest! So do you start the mad rush to Christmas tomorrow like we do after Thanksgiving? Just wondering?

Shelley said...

The best part is that for us Canucks who live close to the border and are intermarried, we get to have Thanksgiving dinner twice:)!