> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Guess the Designer Challenge - Part 1 & Part 2

PART I of II  

How good are you at recognizing designer patterns, styles, fabrics, and works by famous people, etc? If you have been a follower of my blog, for awhile, you probably know I've been trying to build my skills in being able to recognize designers by their work (and ultimately the work of their students).
In part one of these Guess the Designer Challenge posts, I share photos of projects made by the designer that I'm showcasing in this challenge. Your challenge is to see if you can look at the collection of photos I share and correctly guess who the designer is.

The first person to correctly guess the designer will be recognized in part two of this post, as well as be recognized on Designer Challenge Page of my blog.

I may add more clues (photos, insights) to this post, every couple of hours, if no one correctly guesses the designer.  So, check back. 

PART II   

Who Guessed it
: Rafael's Mum

Who is this designer:  Bari J. Ackerman (Bari J.)

My attention was drawn to Bari J. when she was nominated to the Golden Quilter Awards.  As she hadn't previously been on my radar, I used that nomination as a trigger for me to take time to investigate and learn more about Bari J.  She is a designer that debuted her line of handbags and accessories in 2004.  In 2009, she began to introduce fabric and sewing patterns.  And, in January 2011 she introduced her first book "Inspired to Sew", which is a wonderful book, that I'll share more insights about in the near future.

    You may already be aware that Bari J. is a very talented person.  She has designed various lines of fabric, including the very popular line "Paris Apartment" with Lecien Fabrics.  She even created a very cute free pattern for this fabric line too.
    Woodland Faeries

    Bari J. worked with SLICE to create a memory card that cuts beautiful applique' pieces for the Paris Apartment theme.
    There are a number of very cute designs that are included on this memory card.
    And, these applique' pieces help you make beautiful quilts, wallhangings, table runners, embellishing, clothing, and even make very cute pillows. 

    Fairly recently, I also attended a class with Bari J. through RickRack Thread Therapy for Sewers, which is part of the Virtue Radio Network.  While I'll share more about this in a future post, this class was wonderful.  Bari J. is an excellent teacher and RickRack's virtual class structure was one of the best I've ever seen.  If you ever have a chance to take a course through RickRack and/or Bari J. definitely take it.  You'll have a blast and learn a lot!


    Very recently, Bari J. started a wonderful blog called "We Love French Knots" which is dedicated to modern embroidery. 

6 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Bari J ?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

'Snowball Quilts' by Tammy Kelly

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I'm going to guess...anna maria horner

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Bari J has already been guessed but that was my guess too

liberal sprinkles said...

Bari J. gorgeous stuff!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I knew it was miss Bari J. I am such a huge fan of her stuff...especially her embroidery. I have learned so much from her. Thanks for featuring her. I will do my best to share this. I have a couple of your things I need to share but my blog has been so busy lately I am struggling to find the time. Luckily they are necessarily time sensitive.