> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Christmas Quilt Alongs

I always enjoy a fun sew-cial.  They are a great way to visit with quilting friends, make new quilting friends, and focus time on a project.  In our virtual world of quilting, we are not always able to get together physically for such sew-cials, but virtual Quilt A-Longs also offer as much fun, if not more.

Today, I wanted to heighten awareness of a few Christmas Quilt A-Longs that are a great way to have fun and  work on Christmas projects.  Some of these are focused on everyone working on their own projects, whereas others may have a free block and participants are completing blocks to create Christmas quilts, or other projects. 

Here are insights on a few Christmas Quilt A-Longs that I know about:
Sue (Quilt Times) is holding the fun 2011 Christmas Quilt A-Long where participants block a day each month to work on their own Christmas projects.  Inspirational and supportive group.

Photobucket
 

Coming soon is the 12 Days of Christmas Sampler Quilt Along where various blogs will be providing free block patterns.

 

Oct 25 - Julianna @ Projektownia Jednoiglec
Oct 27 - Sara @ Sew Sweetness
Nov 1 - Kaelin @ The Plaid Scottie
Nov 3 - Jennie @ Clover and Violet
Nov 8 - Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy
Nov 10 - Riel @ The Q and the U
Nov 15 - Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts
Nov 17 - Lindsay @ Lindsay Sews
Nov 22 - Jessica @ SewCraftyJess
Nov 23 - Sarah @ Fairy Face Designs
Nov 29 - Heather & Megan @ Quilt Story
Dec 1 - Kim @ My Go Go Life

Michele (Quilting Gallery) is hosting a Christmas Quilt-Along that started September 13th and ends December lst.  There are 36 designers creating 36 blocks that you can make.

Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along and Super Deals for Quilters
 

SewHappy Me  has a Christmas Sew A-Long (SAL) where a free stitchery pattern is given away every Friday. 


SAL Block 13 Christmas SAL is starting today!
 
 
I think all of these Christmas Quilt A-Longs sound like fun and a great way to get projects completed for decorating your home for Christmas, or for Christmas gifts. 


Are you doing anything to get ready for Christmas?  I'd love to hear what you are working on and any tips you have for getting ready.   And, I sure hope you'll enter it in the 2011 Christmas Quilt Show too!




5 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Sounds like fun!!!!!

KaHolly said...

Quilt Alongs are great if you can keep up! I've done well with Sew Happy's Christmas SAL, so far. Looking forward to trying the others.

Rene' said...

Thanks for the info! Now to see if I can squeeze these into my sewing schedule!

suemac said...

I have Christmas fabric but no ideas yet. I will have to take a look.

Michele said...

Thanks for hosting the show :-) I hope I can enter!