> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time to Get Ready for the Pets on Quilts Show



This is definitely a time where those that want to enter the 2011 Pets on Quilts Show should work on getting their pet theme quilts ready, photos of their cute cute pets on their beautiful quilts, and/or pet theme designs in EQ6/EQ7. 
The 2011 Pets on Quilts Show will be held August 15th-19th.  This show is not a competitive show, but a time for friends to get together to share with each other how much they love their furry or feathered children, as well as their love of quilting.  And, I hope all the participants have fun at the show and good luck winning  prizes too!
country bird quilt Pictures, Images and Photos

While rules will be announced at the start of the show, you have a variety of options for your entry.  Actually, the rules are pretty flexible.  It is more of a matter that your entry take on a theme of pets and quilting.

Your entry could be a pet theme quilt (even an art quilt with a pet theme)
Pets Pictures, Images and Photos


Your entry could be a picture of your pet(s) on your quilt:
cat and quilt Pictures, Images and Photos

You could even enter that quilted snake you've surely made:
quilt snake Pictures, Images and Photos

Or a cute little rabbit on your quilt:

And, as I anticipate someone will ask...your entry can actually include more than one photo in your blog post, but only one entry per blogger/person. So, start taking a lot of photos now and you can decide how many you want to share in August!

I'm also going to try to learn how group photos work in such tools as Flickr, to allow non-bloggers to also participate (vs me writing a post for each non-blogger that enters).  In the past, when I've done  something using such a tool, I had problems with some participants that had photos that were not viewable by everyone.  If anyone has expertise in this area and wants to advise and/or help setup, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll try to figure this out on my own before the show starts.

If you come across old pictures, or take new photos that you want to give to me for potential use in a Pets on Quilts 2012 Calendar, please email me them to me.  I would like to create some calendars for a fundraiser for a Humane Society in So. Cal., but haven't yet received enough photos to print this calendar. 

Prior to the official announcement of this show on August 15th, you can get a summary update of the plans on my page labeled "Pets on Quilts Show".  If you check now, you'll see insights on some of the sponsors that have signed on early.  I'll be updating this page to show sponsors as they come on board, as well as recognizing all sponsors in a special post prior to this event.

As we are on a pet theme, I wanted to share with you  insight on a giveaway that pet lovers may be interested in:   Just Contest Stuff has a giveaway that could be purrfect for your furry children.  Deadline:  May 28th

18 comments:

Nina Marie said...

Ohh this just might be the shove I need to get my cow series done! Thanks again Darlene for hosting! It was so much fun last year!

Barb said...

Time sure flies... I so enjoyed the Pet show last year....

YankeeQuilter said...

I have loads of pet on quilt/fabric photos that you are welcome to use for your calendar projects. I'll email you a couple...my cats are all rescues.

Dana Gaffney said...

I've already started thinking about this. I love to see the wonderful quilts and animals, it's so much fun. Will you allow non bloggers, maybe from flickr so you don't have to do the work? Either way I can't wait.

Wacky Woman said...

This was so fun last year. I'm in!

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like fun. I have one that was never finished, maybe it is time to get back to it.

Debbie

Kim D. said...

I really enjoyed the pet show last year, maybe I can enter this year.

Talin's Corner said...

Oooh, that quilted snake is so cool. Hope I can enter the pet show this year, has it been a year already? I am so losing track of time.

Pip said...

Sounds fun, my cats have always liked "helping" make quilts so I have a few photos.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh this sounds like so much fun! I do hope to enter! :)
xx, shell

Barbara said...

Count me in. I'll start spreading the word. What kinds of images do you want for your calendar? Real pets, or craft pets?

Gladys said...

Hola!
Muchas gracias por su visita y por sus bellas palabras a mis bordados del BOM Birdie Stitches!
Son muy bellos y dulces diseños y me encanta bordarlos!
Su blog es magnífico y con mucha información!
Me encanta la propuesta de Agosto, pues adoro a mi mascota!
Le enviaré un mail con una foto de ella, su nombre es Pity!
Cordialmente, Gladys Vega

GOOGLE TRADUCTOR:

Hello!
Thank you very much for your visit and for your beautiful words to my embroidery Birdie Stitches BOM!
They are very cute and sweet and I love to embroider designs!
Your blog is great and with lots of information!
I love the proposal in August, because I adore my pet!
I will send an email with a picture of her, her name is Pity!
Sincerely, Gladys Vega

Debi said...

I have such a picture on my header...take a look and if you like it, I will send you the picture for your calendar.

Cynthia Stockdon said...

I'm ready to start taking pictures! You can use any of the animal pics on my blog in the calendar.

CindySezSew said...

This is a great idea!

Mama Spark said...

I can't wait to send you some pics. Do you still need some for the calander? If so let me know, with 5 cats and a dog I might have one or 2 for ya.

Miss Hillbilly said...

This is so fun! Thanks for hosting this. I am working on a furry item for a friend very soon!

Leanne said...

I'm in off to organise some photos.
Love Leanne