> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger Quilt Festival: Spring 2011


Amy's Creative Side </P>
<P>Bloggers' Quilt Festival
 
I thought the time would never arrive for Blogger Quilt Festival Spring 2011.  Seriously, especially given blogger problems.  But Blogger is up and I'm excited.  I have so enjoyed all of the Blogger Quilt Festivals and love being able to visit such a large number  of blogs and see such beautiful quilts. 
 
Thanks to Amy who has been the idea woman and coordinator for these wonderful Blogger Quilt Festivals.  And how exciting it is to know that Amy is now off at Quilt Market promoting her first quilt book, "Modern Basics".  This is truly a fun quilt book that I recommend for quilters of all levels, especially those that like to make easy & fun modern quilts.

Here is my quilt that I want to share in this Blogger Quilt Festival.  It is a large Schnibbles quilt using the design from the book "Schnibbles Times Two" with a fun designn called "Bennington.  It is a design that I really wanted to spend time doing free-motion quilting on, but as I had a few too many UFOs to quilt, I sent this one off to Michaelanne Gephart of Flossie's Quilting for longarm quilting.  I think she did a super job and I'm very happy to have this quilt finished.


I hope you have fun at the Blogger Quilt Festival.  Fun to find delightful new blogs and see all of the inspirational quilts.  



31 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

What super colours in your quilt. I've been waiting patiently for Blogger and as it's nearly bed time here in UK I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow to enjoy all the quilts in the festival!

Janet said...

Lovely reds and greens. It looks very Christmasy. An interesting variation of a bow tie, I believe (?)

Sharon Pernes said...

I made the Basic Ease quilt from Amy's book an love it. This book is a must!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love this quilt. The colors blend together so beautifully!

Julia said...

Your red and green Bennington quilt from Schnibbles Times Two is lovely. Don't you just love the festival and all the creativity out there?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's beautiful Darlene! Love the fabric choices!

Nina Marie said...

Ohh Dar - this is lovely!! I love how you use the red and green - plus it can double as a Christmas quilt! Plus its great to get it off of the UFO list!! So glad you shared it with us!

stitchinpenny said...

Love it.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Pretty quilt...fun colors! That "Modern Basics" book...o, it's really a "must-have"! I thumbed thru it, put it down...and have been frustrated that I've not had the chance to get back out and buy it! ugh...

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

Love your quilt. Colors and fabrics are lovely. Thanks for sharingand have a great day. I'm so glad blogger is up. Was totally stressing about it all day yesterday and thenwhen I looked this morning, the post I had ready was gone, All seems to be okagain now so that's great

Allie said...

That is so pretty!!!!!!!

Karen said...

What a great quilt. I love the fabrics you have used - they work so well in this design. Beautiful work!

Alicia said...

I have been meaning to try this pattern. I love the Schnibbles (traditional and supersized). Yours looks lovely!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh the joy of having a long armer on speed dial, oh wait - your's isn't? I don't have one on speed dial either, perhaps we should remedy that!

Great quilt, love your colors.

Angie Padilla said...

I LOVE floral prints and the ones you have used here are delish! The quilt looks so Christmassy! So how many UFOs do you have left? If they are anything like this one, we have something to look forward to, don't we?

Teresa said...

I love this design and yours is so pretty! The colors make it so beautiful!

Joanna said...

I don't think I've seen a Schnibbles Quilt yet that I didn't like, and I love your version. It's so pretty - love the fabric.

Linda @ a maiden hair fern said...

I love this pattern! I was in a class taught by Carrie from "Miss Rosie's quilt's" last week, and saw the original quilt she calls "Scarlett Queen". I'll post about it soon. You did a nice job. Would love to see more pics, closer up. Love the border. And it looks like you simplified it a bit. I'm all for that! Thanks for sharing.

Sparky said...

ahhhh delightful schnibbles..you have to send it off to her ( carrie) she would love to it...
great colors

Debbie said...

Beautiful quilt! I've done some schnibbles too, & they are always fun.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

This is very pretty. Seems like those schnibbles are quite popular this year. :)

Vicki said...

Such a pretty quilt!

Ivory Spring said...

Darlene,

Love the fabrics you chose for the quilt - beautiful!

Siobhan said...

It's beautiful :)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Yay for Blogger being up and getting to see more quilts. Those Schnibbles have been popular and your quilt makes it easy to see why. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Kate said...

Love this pattern and your interpretation in green and red. Beautiful quilt.

grendelskin said...

So pretty, it's a bowtie garden!

Barb said...

I have been such a bad blogger laterly.....

I do love this quilt, I made two like this and yours is simply wonderful.

Karen said...

Very pretty! love the colors. You did such a good job on the piecing.

Rachel said...

Great quilt!! I actually haven't seen this schnibbles made before and I really like the look of it. Awesome fabric choice as well.

Cheers!
Rachel
http://www.dewberrylane.com