> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quilt in a Day: Eleanor Burns Pattern Club

You are probably aware that Eleanor Burns was the winner of the Golden Quilter Lifetime Achievement Award and the Golden Quilter Best Author Award in 2010, as voted by quilters from around the world via SewCalGal's 2010 Golden Quilters Awards.  Clearly, Eleanor has contributed significantly to our world of quilting and continues to do so.  Thus, I am excited to be able to share insights on one of her recent contributions.

First, I want to clarify that this is an unsolicited sharing of information.  I frequently hear from shop owners that are struggling with ideas on how to pull customers into their shop, as well as quilters that are looking for fun and easy ways to create quilts, as well as learn new techniques.  When I heard about the new "Eleanor Burns Pattern Club" I was excited and wanted to share insights with you, as I believe this is going to be a wonderful program for quilt shops and quilters.

If you are not a shop owner, I hope you will take time to share this information with your local quilt store.  And remember, for those that are also faciliating quilt retreats, this is also an excellent opportunity for a fun quilt retreat.

The Eleanor Burns Pattern Club has been launched, by Quilt in a Day, in 2011, for Quilt Shop Owners.  This program is a special pattern club that enables quilt shop owners (and even teachers who facilitate retreats, or other programs) to sign up for a Premier Package that includes 12 Patterns + 2 free.  You also receive a poster and DVD to promote the sales of the pattern, as well as your fabric, rulers an dother tools.   I was amazed that this package is only $54/month.

This pattern club enables teachers to help their students create beautiful quilts and have fun.  DVDs are available to help teach, as well as you can also use many videos on you-tube and/or vimeo to share with students, at each class, to also create fun and share a variety of quilting tips & inspiration. 

Quilt in a Day patterns are typically detailed, 16 page mini books, with excellent instructions and visuals. 

This Pattern Club is very easy to structure for your own monthly quilt in a Day party.  You could call it Eleanor Burns Club, Strip-Tzz Party, Girls Night Out, All Nighter, Breakfast, Club, or just about anything.  And, every month you receive a different pattern to teach from, or just sell the pattern.

Shops can sign up anytime, but the 2011 calendar for this pattern club shows the following schedule:

January: Twice as Nice Plus More, easily made with Jelly Rolls, plus the option of creating spectacular scallop borders.

February:  Hugs & Kisses, easily made with Layer cakes.

March:  Whirligig, easily made with Jelly rolls.


April:  Turnover Twist, easily made using Turnovers.


May:  Cinnamon Swirl, made with a Honey Bun.

June:  Patriotic Party, made with Fat Eights or Fat Quarters


July:  Stars & Crosses


August:  Apple Cake, made with Fat Quarters



September:  Fabric Frenzy, made with Jelly Roll, Layer Cake, or Charm Squares.  Complete instructions are included to make this pattern with traditional cutting methods, but this design also works well with the AccuQuilt GO! or GO! Baby and the Fall Medley die.


October:  A Better Star for all Seasons, made with Jelly Rolls

November:  In the Pines

December - to be announced soon.

I know I'd love to attend an Eleanor Burns Pattern Club, on a monthly basis, at my local quilt shop.  I think it would be fun to wear a boa, toss fabric scraps elegantly over my shoulder, and have fun creating beautiful quilts with friends, as well as make new friends.  I can't wait to see this new club coming to our local quilt shops.

For more information on the new Eleanor Burns Pattern Club, contact Jim Irvine (email mailto:Jim@quiltinaday.com)


http://www.quiltinaday.com/wholesale/patterns.asp

http://www.quiltinaday.com/theater/library.html

14 comments:

Barb said...

That does look like alot of fun...she is one upbeat person. Thanks again for a wonderful post.

Susan said...

Great post! I was able to get her autograph on her new Barn Book at the Road to California - she is SO very nice. I'll have to mention the Pattern Club to my LQS.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Are you referring to "Lady Eleanor"? We must address her properly you know!! LOL

What would we ever do without her? Such a delightful and inspirational woman. I would definitely attend a workshop at a local quilt shop that hosted a "Quilt in a Day" Pattern Club.

Lady Eleanor's pattern are excellent too.... I find them to be very well written.

Smiles,
Kelly

Jocelyn said...

Eleanor has always been on the creative edge. I'd love to be a part of her club, but we do not have any LQS in my area. Imagine, I live in a pretty big city, but no quilt shops! They come, they open, and then they close :-(

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Eleanor is so amazing. I learned how to make quilts with her books.

Millie said...

I have so many of her books and rulers, she is the pattern and book queen.

sewfunquilts said...

She definitely deserved that award/honor....what a lady! Her books are so easy for everyone. Glad to hear about her pattern program.

Thanks again for a great post.

Micki said...

This is a great idea for shops. Eleanor is so great, and I made my first quilt with your Log Cabin Quilt in a Day book.
Micki

Sand and Sunshine said...

What a great idea.

Thearica said...

Eleanor is a fun loving person! I have never made a quilt with one of her patterns though! Can you believe that!

KaHolly said...

I've made several of Eleanor's quilts in the past. Love your bright, new, fun header!! ~karen

Joanna said...

I am a big fan of Eleanor Burns and her Quilt in a Day shops. Her deals on fabric and such are so good. And I refer to her books when I get into a tough spot when quilting. I'm certainly happy she's been here to learn from.

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks for sharing, I will pass it onto my local quilt shops. However, they never seem to be interested in anything. I tried introducing them to Party with Patrick a similar idea by Patrick Lose, but I won't give up!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great post! One of my first quilts was made from a pattern by her - many years ago.