> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Favorite Tutorials: Valentines Greeting Cards by Happy Cottage Quilter

Periodically, I come across a tutorial that is so inspirational, it needs to be recognized, even when I have already planned to share insights on another topic.  To clarify, I think you'll enjoy this more than what I had previously planned on sharing.....


 I've enjoyed creating greeting cards and using fabrics, but Jocelyn (Happy Cottage Quilter) has created one of the best tutorials for this type of project, and perfect for the upcoming Valentine's Day opportunities to share special cards. 


But then, this tutorial would work for any season.  I hope you'll check it out.  I know I'd love to receive one a beautiful Valentine's Day Card like one of these.

And while you are checking out Jocelyn's tutorial, at Happy Cottage Quilter, I hope you will also check out her delightful blog.  I certainly enjoy following her and hope you will too!  She is a wonderful lady and a very talented quilter.

http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

deborah said...

Thank you for bringing this delightful tutorial to our attention! I can't wait to make some of these lovely cards!

Wacky Woman said...

Wonderful cards. All kinds of possibilities with this technique. Thank you for sharing.

Sparky said...

I sew agree..and yours are heartfelt indeed...pretty coold

Barb said...

Yes, she did do a wonderful job on her tutorial....love her blog.

Leigh the sewing diva said...

thanks for sharing now i have ye another blog to follow!!
come visit the giveaway on my blog:
Leigh at The Sewing Diva

Thearica said...

I have a private blog with 11 other ladies and we are making quilted greeting cards. This tute sure comes in handy!

WoolenSails said...

I bought some blank cards to make fabric cards, now I have to make some. Wonderful heart piece and great for scraps.

Debbie

Jocelyn said...

Wow Darlene, thank you so much for the shout out! I am so humbled that you would share your wonderful Insights with my little blog.

Quilt Inspiration said...

These Valentine's cards are darling ! We love how you find all the latest and greatest fabrics, patterns, projects, tutorials and quilt/craft shows to feature. Your blog is always so fascinating and fun to read.
Best wishes,
Marina and Daryl at Quilt Inspiration

Mom said...

fantastic posts on the Road to Ca show and the judging. I thoroughly enjoyed reading these!!!
Margaret

Micki said...

I saw the tutorial and it is really adorable.
Micki

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks for sharing. I have a friend make my Valentine cards for grands teachers, but at Christmas we always make handmade cards, using fabric, paints, etc. How awesome you are for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for recommending Happy Cottage Quilter..wonderful tutorial, I too would love to receive one of these for any reason so that means it would make me happy to give them also.....having fun with it