> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Behind the Scenes at Quilt in A Day

Recently, I had the opportunity to attend an amazing class at Quilt in A Day. While I plan on sharing more insight on this class with you tomorrow, today I wanted to share insights with you on the behind the scenes tour that was part of this class.

I'm just sorry I didn't capture any photos of the smiling faces of  "all" of the employees.  Those in customer service, the warehouse packing orders, the friendly people that test patterns, and all of the other wonderful employees who truly were  happy to share their "home", as a  Quilt in a Day family member. 

My delightful tour started off letting me fondle aisles and aisles of beautiful fabrics that are sold online.















There were also shelves and shelves of amazing Quilt in a Day books.

I offered to unpack (or pack) boxes of Sunbonnet Sue. But I don't think they took me seriously.

Funny how they didn't search me when I walked by their AccuQuilt dies, as there certainly seemed to be fewer dies after I went thru this area.  But then, they were flying off the shelves like hot cakes as orders were being filled so maybe they didn't all disappear in my bag. Hmm.


I enjoyed seeing Eleanor's award winning Blazing Star quilt, made with the AccuQuilt GO!



And it was fun to tour workrooms where spectacular quilts were made.

When I saw Eleanor's office, I noticed that taped to her door was a special note from thoughtful Kelly Jackson (IHAN). OK, I didn't really read this note, but I was very impressed that Eleanor had a note from Kelly taped to her office door. Inspirational!


I also learned that Eleanor's newest book release "Radiant Star" is now shipping.  I hope to share more insights with you in the future on this new book, but I will say it truly is an excellent book and I believe it will be very popular.

I also learned that Quilt in a Day and Eleanor Burns can each have different specials online. 

And, there is an amazing special for the cute Pinwheels & Rectangles Quilt Pattern that you'll definitely want to check out. I know I want to make this quilt pattern.  Love it.

Eleanor has also come up with a fun new block party called "Tales of the First Ladies".  Each block represents one of America's First Ladies.All block party members will receive a free personalized book when it is published in April of 2012

I hope you can see why I had fun in the Behind the Scenes tour of Quilt in A Day.  Tomorrow I'll share with you insights on the special class that I took.  I think it is one that you may be interested in. I certainly recommend it!

16 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Lynn W. said...

It's always an interesting visit to the store. And an interesting drive to find it! Thanks for your thoughts and I'll be watching for the rest.

Norma's Place said...

I would love to be able to see the things you saw there. But I spent today in Halls Gap in the Grampians in Victoria, Australia..listed as one of the places you must see before you die! I should have taken photos but I was busy selling Accuquilt Cutters from my market stall at the Jazz Festival there. Lots of ladies here haven't seen them, and had to test drive the cutters!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

bet that was fun - where is the store located? would be nice to put on my places to visit.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

deborah said...

Quilter's heaven! I'm sure you had a wonderful time looking at all they do!

Gene Black said...

What a treat to tour that place.

Shelley said...

I love Eleanor..can't wait to see the rest of this trip!

Shannon said...

I had fun watching her Strip-Tzz videos last year. She has such a fun way about her. Thank you for sharing your tour with her.

Joanna said...

Her books are great. I have several and refer to them often. I have also purchased from both websites and can vouch for the quality, customer service and great prices.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I just love Eleanor Burns. What a nice tour you had.

Ariane said...

What a great post!! I love all you shared! Thanks!!!

JJ said...

That sounds like a very fun day for you. I am impressed with Eleanors spunk and imagination. Also, I am impressed with her story, what a woman. I am sure it hasn't always been easy but she has worked hard and look where it has got her. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Quiltingranny said...

I have that exact Sunbonnet Sue book and love it! Kelly Jackson is a sweetheart. You are so wonderful to post all these great things for those of us that couldn't go!

Pokey said...

I'm hoping we can meet up at one of these things one day. Eleanor is in a quilting class by herself.
:-}pokey

KaHolly said...

Wow, what fun was that!?! Lucky you. I love the pinwheels and rectangles quilt. I haven't sewn a 'quilt in a day' pattern in ages.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I love seeing behind the scenes at Lady Eleanors shop. What fun!

I'm very touched that she has my note on her door....I bet is either about her granddaughter or when I proclaimed she is "Lady Eleanor" I must get that notice to the Queen so Lady Eleanor will get an invite to the upcoming Royal Wedding.

Smiles,
Kelly