> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, October 1, 2010

Say Hello to GO! Baby™

Like any parent, relative, or close friend of someone waiting a pending arrival for their respective bundle of joy, I've certainly been anxious for AccuQuilt's new bundle of joy to arrive.  We've known it was coming on October lst.  I'm happy to share the following insights that I received from AccuQuilt:



















AccuQuilt’s new arrival brings you a NEW way to GO! The AccuQuilt GO! Baby™ Fabric Cutter is an extension of the GO!® family of products and is an ultra-portable, affordable and adorable fabric cutter for quilters and fabric crafters. The GO! Baby Fabric Cutter has the same cutting performance as the original GO! Fabric Cutter and is just as safe, accurate and fast. At only $139, and with a more compact design, the GO! Baby is perfect for the beginner and occasional quilter. The GO! Baby is compatible with all GO! dies except for 10" x 10" and 10" x 24" dies.
Key features and benefits:
- Consistent, accurate cuts—up to 6 layers at a time
- 90% faster than traditional cutting
- Lightweight—only 8 ponds
- Create perfect appliqué in the turn of a handle
- Reduce fabric waste
- No cut fingers or sore backs
- Create endless design options
- Minimal space needed for storage
- Portable—no electricity or batteries needed












10 New GO! Dies












GO! Baby™ is bringing with it ten new die designs featuring many of our most requested dies such as a smaller tumbler, a cat and a dog. Also available are multiple appliqué flowers and three sizes of equilateral triangles that correspond with the current hexagon die. In addition, a new 2 1/2" strip cutter, has been designed to fit the GO! Baby's smaller size. All these new dies are compatible with both the GO!® and GO! Baby™ fabric cutters.  And here is a link to all of the AccuQuilt GO! dies and this list is marked to show which GO! dies are compatible with the GO! Baby.












Personally, I'm looking forward to an opportunity to babysit ad play with the new GO! Baby.  I think it is a perfect "little" addition to the AccuQuilt Family, with the GO! being a bit bigger and able to use more dies than the GO!, while the Studio is the biggest kid in the family, and the real workhorse of the family with oodles of dies and able to cut through more layers of fabric.  Yeap, AccuQuilt has a delightful new bundle and a fun family!  Something for everyone who quilts!

http://www.accuquilt.com/

12 comments:

Sandy said...

These new dies are adorable! Sandy

Lovie said...

Smaller Tumbler die - YES!!! Now we just need the smaller Applecore.

Millie said...

Darlene,
This is great news...a small Go to take with you to retreats and on the road. 10 new adorable dies!

deborah said...

Love the puppy and kitten dies..just perfect for the dog and kitten quilts I've been making for friends with ailing pets! Going to go look at all of the dies now, thanks for letting us know

Micki said...

This is great for the applique person and someone who wants to take it to a guild, etc.
Micki

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'm soooo frustrated....I made boxer shorts as the baby gift and now it is a girl..guess I'll have to give them to my co-workers :)

Smiles,
Kelly

an encourager said...

I've never seen this before!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm excited about the new dies, you know the first one I'll get is the dog. I'm so glad they made the Baby, lots more people will be able to afford a cutter. For me the appliqué is a huge advantage and it looks like they all fit the Baby.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

now to me that is a bit more affordable - I do most of my quilts by hand and only hand quilt, because it takes me longer to make a quilt I do not make as many as some might. To me the big GO was too pricey - this might be worth it for cutting strips and some of the applique that I do.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I preordered one today!

quiltingnana said...

My GO came yesterday... I have been having so much fun

Susan Entwistle said...

My favorite thing is the adorable little pink carry case :).