> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Carol Kaplan


















Carol Kaplan is an amazing quilter, teacher, and longarmer.  She is currently teaching a fun K.I.S.S. quilting class at Quilter's Paradise in Escondido, CA.  And, Carol is also willing to travel to teach a variety of quilting workshops.

Are you wondering what K.I.S.S. stands for?  Keep It Sew Simple!  And Carol definitely has a way of taking complex quilting techniques and making them  simple too.  But this latest K.I.S.S. class is an absolute breeze with Carol's techniques and a cool template that she has created with Quilter's Paradise to help cut a color coordinated Windmill quilt.  And this template even works if you want to fussy cut. 

While the Windmill quilt has been around for awhile, Carol does a great job teaching a confident beginner quilter (or more experienced) in a fun and at a comfortable pace.  She has oodles of great tips and tricks, and is also one of the best machine applique instructors I've ever seen!  I can honestly say I've learned many tips and techniques from Carol and always had fun in her classes.

Her upcoming K.I.S.S. class (one day class) at Quilter's Paradise are scheduled 10am-4pm on:
Saturday, July 31st
Saturday, August 28th














It is also fun to see the different colors that fellow classmates use for this Windmill quilt.

















Click here if you want more information about this class.


















There are also many other fun teachers and a variety of classes at Quilter's Paradise too!  And they have two large classrooms, an official library room and a large quilt store full of beautiful fabrics.  So, you really don't need to do much to get ready for a K.I.S.S. class.  Technically speaking, you could find everything you need the day of the class at Quilter's Paradise!

Quilter's Paradise
1451 Montiel Road Suite 140
Escondido, CA 92026
760-738-9677
http://www.quiltersparadiseesc.com/


For more info on Carol, check out her site that is still under development:  http://carolkaplanquilts.com/ OR contact Carol at:  caroldkaplan@yahoo.com      760.290.3620

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Carol sounds like a great lady....I wish I lived closer......I love the K.I.S.S. meaning....really cute.
Here in Texas for most quilters K.I.S.S. stands for Keep It Simple Sister.....LOL
Take care.

Barb said...

What fun quilts....you always have so much information and wonderful insights to share.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

I just love this quilt pattern. I wish I lived there!!
~Karen~