> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stash Magic, by Jaynette Huff



I'm really enjoying the arrival of spring.  It is especially delightful with all the new book releases.  I've particularly enjoyed the new book "Stash Magic, 13 Quilts That Make The Most of Your Fabric Collection", by Jaynette Huff.   "Stash Magic" is published by Martingale & Company, home of That Patchwork Place.




















"Stash Magic" contains thirteen (13) new ways to use up your stash. But, I was so inspired by this book that I could see quilters that go out and buy fabric to create quilts, using the beautiful designs and insights shared in this delightful book.  To clarify, this book is perfect for quilters of all levels, and for those that may want to use fabric in their stash or plan a quilt with new fabrics.  It contains easy to follow instructions with great visuals and photographs.  Jaynette has incorporated insights on many quilting techniques in this book, including paper foundation piecing, english paper piecing and many other tips.  But the specialty that Jaynette shares is various ways that you can use odd scraps of fabrics to create beautiful quilts.

 



















Many quilters become fabric collectors and over time, look for ways to consume fabric in their stash.  This is where Jaynette focused her ideas for "Stash Magic".  She loves to create scrappy quilts, yet make them look very special.   Clearly, insights in this book go beyond the typical scrap quilt and make a spectacular quilt!




















"Scrap Magic" contains full size paper piecing patterns to help you create quilt designs in this book. And the techniques, which Jaynette shares, could easily be adapted to allow you to create unique versions of these designs, as you become a master stash manager!




















"Stash Magic" would be a delightful book for any quilter to buy for their library, or to give as a gift. 

I've always loved scrap quilts, but seriously "Stash Magic" helps you go way beyond the traditional scrap quilt.   This is an inspirational book!  You should be able to find it at your local quilt shop, or at Amazon.com.




1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Jaynette Huff used to own a quilt shop in Arkansas that I went to as often as I could it was about 45 miles from my house. She helped me pick out the fabrics for a log cabin quilt that I made for my sister. With her help I got the greatest color combination! I really miss her store and the people who worked there.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/