> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Komen Fundraiser: Christmas Quilt Winner

















I want to share with you who the winner is of this quilt.  But before I do I want to recognize those that inspired me to donate this quilt, as well as to recognize them for helping to increase awareness of breast cancer and to raise funds for Susan G. Komen For The Cure.

This particular quilt was made with the intent to raise money for Susan G. Komen For The Cure.  I has just been looking for a way to help, and ultimately a good home that would appreciate it. 

While I have held fundraisers to benefit Susan G. Komen For The Cure, I was inspired with those that were helping for this cause, and decided that I would donate this quilt to help encourage sponsorship for some special ladies that were helping to increase awareness of breast cancer and raise funds for Komen.  As such, efforts were launched to create a quilt raffle.  Anyone that donated $25 (or more) would have their name entered into the drawing for this quilt, when they sponsored any of the following:

- Karen Nager in the 3-day Walk For The Cure
- Carrie Nisil in the 3-day Walk for the Cure
- Team MBYC, led by Megan Murphy, in the 1 day walk
- Team Pink Lemonade, led by Sue Martin & Tanya Mauer, in Survivor Crop.

Sponsors were given an entry for every $25 donation.  A unique number was created for each entry and the Random Number generator was used to select the winner.

But, before I announce the winner of this quilt, I want to thank:  all team members of Team MBYC, all team members of Pink Lemonate, Carrie Nisil and Karen Nager.  Collectively they helped to raise over $15K+ for Susan G. Komen For The Cure.  This will help to fund preventative mamograms for many people, as well as help with treatment for those in need. It will certainly make a difference in the lives of many.  For this, I give thanks to all of you!

And for all of you who helped to sponsor these teams and individuals who helped, I thank you.










Again, the random number generator was used to select the winner of this quilt.  The winning #55 goes to
Hugh Ditzler, whom sponsored Karen Nager in the 3-Day walk.  Congratulations to Hugh.  I'll be contacting Karen to help coordinate getting this quilt to you ASAP.

For those that might want to read the original post on this contest:   http://tinyurl.com/yjn8t5b

No comments: