> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, August 3, 2009

Zundt Designs

















Since I was a small child, I have loved all forms of needle arts. I remember trying to get as close as I could, when ever my grandmothers made lace, quilted, or worked on other needle projects. While I first learned to sew clothes in elementary school, I fell in love with making quilts as a teenager. Somewhere along the way I learned the art of free hand machine embroidery, but 10+ years ago I began to focus on digitized machine embroidery designs. While I can now digitize my own designs, I prefer to buy high quality designs. And I’ve certainly learned to realize the cost of a good digitized design is certainly worth it





















To my delight, there were several manufacturers of machine embroidery designs at the IQF Long Beach show. And I was very happy to gain insight on Zundt Designs. They had a beautiful booth setup with samples of all their designs, all neatly organized in books. I really was able to see the true quality of their designs and prefer this method of selecting designs over viewing small images of a design. Zund Designs also had a fantastic display projects using their designs, which I found very inspiring.

This was truly one of the best exhibits I have ever seen for machine embroidery designs.




















Zundt Designs focuses on the fine art of Swiss embroidery. They offer a large selection of lace, florals and other delightful designs, all of very high quality. They have two new design sets that were introduced at the IQF Long Beach Show: Both sets are very elegant, one set is called “Feathers 2” and has 7 different feathers beautiful digitized. The other new set is “Roses”, which also has some eye catching roses. I plan on sharing more insights about these design sets and other Zundt Designs in the future.









































I also learned that Zundt Designs has a fantastic quilting & embroidery cruise this coming September. Personal training will be offered by several talented professionals (Urban Zundt, Peggy Allen, Luella Fournell, Jacki Breisacher, and Jane Cook). You’ll be able to make five different projects on this cruise, and have a chance to work with a variety of Zundt Designs. As there are just a few spaces open, if you are interested in joining this fun cruise, I recommend you block ASAP.











































Here is more info that Zundt Designs has provided on this cruise:

“STITCHING ON CRUISE CONTROL”

Projects that will be presented on the cruise are: Mariners Compass Quilt,
Birds of a Feather Quilt, Quilted Back Pack, Quilted Purse, Five Projects for SPA Day, and special projects for LACE Day. All the projects will include those wonderful
ZUNDT embroidery and lace designs. For a complete list of the projects, email:
janecook@beejaysquilt.com.









The projects will be presented on three AT SEA days with experienced Quilting & Embroidery educators. The workshop projects you select, will include kits containing all the instructions and materials you will need for each project. For those who want to spend more time sewing on their projects, The Zundt Group will have full access to three conference rooms for the entire cruise. Educators will monitor the conference rooms to help with projects. You may bring your favorite embroidery machine if you like or they will have new Husqvarna/Viking embroidery machines for you to share during the cruise.

The fee for all five workshop projects will be $360.00. Workshop fees are due with final payment.

This cruise is on Royal Caribbean International’s MARINER OF THE SEAS cruise ship. This ship will depart from Los Angeles on September 20th with ports of call in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Return schedule will land in Los Angeles for a boat departure on September 27th.









































Bring your spouse or friend and join some of the ZUNDT TEAM for a fun time Stitchin’ & Crusin’.

THE REDUCED PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Inside Cabin – WAS $720---- NOW $580 per person
Ocean View – WAS $870---- NOW $750 per person
Balcony - WAS $980---- NOW $880 per person
Prices include all port charges, taxes, and government fees.
Complete Details and an online registration form are available on the website at
http://www.cruise-consultants.com, click special events, and then Quilting Cruise.
Or call Gloria Cook Toll Free at 1-888-719-7698 or 817-371-5329.





















From my perspective, this sounds like a wonderful cruise. I am sure that all the participants will have a lot of fun and enjoy making items with the beautiful Zundt Designs. I know I would!





















To view more projects, using Zundt Designs, check out:

http://www.zundtdesign.com/Projects/CustomQuilt5.htm

Free samples: http://www.zundtdesign.com/Freedesign.htm



















































2 comments:

Beena said...

Very pretty designs! I am sure any embroidery enthusiast would love to add these to their collection. I love the feather!

Irene said...

Their designs stitch out like a charm and are absolutely gorgeous!