> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, March 11, 2013

SewCalGal is Moving!

I've been wanting to do this for sometime, but simply didn't have the time. A few things recently inspired me to make a move a priority to do it now.  And, I wanted to let you know what I was doing....

If you are on Facebook, I want to let you know I'm moving from a wall, to a new Facebook page.

001 slide (1)

There are many pros/cons to having a wall vs a page on Facebook.  I originally created a wall, then moved to a page. But, as I had used the same email account/name, it became awkward for followers. While I had "disabled" my wall, when I moved to a page, I ended up killing my page....and have stayed with the wall for sometime.  The pros/cons on Facebook are now showing that for SewCalGal it will be better for me to focus on having a page.  But, unlike my prior experience with a page, I will not be utilizing my account that posts to my original wall. Confusing?  I agree.  To simplify, if you want to follow SewCalGal on Facebook you can find me under "SewCalGal" and "like" my new page.  And, of course, I hope you will do so.  While I share a lot of insights on my blog, Facebook allows sharing insights more timely. Plus, there are well over 300,000 quilters on Facebook that make it a fun tool for quilters to use!




Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I use facebook but not a lot, I mainly use it for keeping in touch with family although I do "like" a few pages, I'm not really on it all that much

Pippas quilts said...

Tried facebook prefer blogs

Dana Gaffney said...

I liked your new page this morning on FB, then I came here and thought you were moving your blog too. Don't go anywhere we need your insights.

shenyon said...

Facebook creeps me out.

Anonymous said...

Don't exactly understand what you said but found your page and "like" it so we're good! I have mixed feeling about Fb but it is what it is and problems only arise when the fact that it is more of a public forum than private is forgotten and it is used inappropriately (innocently or intentionally).

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Does this mean you are shutting down your blog to only do facebook? I hope not. I don't facebook, and don't plan on ever doing it.