> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quilts from Aunt Amy

Quilts from Aunt Amy, by Mary Tendall Etherington & Connie Tesene,  published by Martingale/That Patchwork Place in 1999, is a fun book to create comfy and cozy quilts, wall-hangings and table toppers.





There are 14 scrap-quilt patterns with a wonderfully old-fashioned feel.  All were inspired by blocks from a quilt more than a century old.  And each comes with easy to follow instructions with great visuals and there is a section on quilt making basics, making this book an excellent source for beginner quilters, as well as experienced quilters.



While this book is out of print,  printed copies are still available through Amazon.  And, an ebook version is available from Martingale's store.  You might even be able to find a copy at your local quilt shop, as this has been a very popular book!


I hope you will check out this book soon. I'm sure you'll love it too!


http://www.shopmartingale.com/




Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

The Quilted Dog said...

I always appreciate the books you recommend -- this looks like a great addition to my quilt library. I really, really like the design with the large circles. I was able to order a used copy from Amazon for less than half the price of the eBook, so thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to find that book. I would make every one of the things in that picture. Thanks for sharing.

Vivian said...

I agree. This book is a great recommendation. I've had my copy for several years and have made a couple quilts from it. I pretty much duplicated their Arabic Lattice and love the results.
As Country Threads is only a 30-minute drive from my home, I have a special place in my heart for their patterns and books.