This inspirational new free-motion quilting book shares insights on 28 designs, with step by step instructions, that apply to those doing free-motion quilting on a longarm and/or a domestic sewing machine (DSM).
There are three main sections:
- Getting Started is full of insights to help you before you start. You'll learn about supplies, how to draw the designs, threads, batting, marking tools, and other notions.
- The Designs, which are categorized in groups of Swirls & Circles, Squares, Lines & Vines, and Arcs and Points. Each design has great visuals and steps to walk you thru the design, as well as a beautiful picture of a project that shows off that particular free-motion quilting design.
- Using designs in Modern Quilts shows how to incorporate various free-motion quilting designs into your quilts with a variety of quilt designs, such as Square-in-a-Square Log Cabin Quilts, Zigzag Quilts, Wonky Quilts, and Strip Quilts.
Additional topics cover:
- Other Aspects of Modern Quilting which shares insights on Modern Quilting, use of space, mixing designs, etc. where photos and insights create a powerful chapter that provides an amazing punch to this spectacular book.
- Still Stuck ? Tips for Deciding on Quilting Designs expands on other chapters, providing additional insights to help quilters select designs and plan placement of various designs to make their quilts really pop with use of beautiful free-motion quilting designs.
While this book will not be released until June, I hope you will have a chance to check it out at your local quilt store this summer or online at C& T Publishing. I think you'll really like this new quilting book.
You can find Angela at:
Blog: Quilting is my Therapy
Facebook: Machine Quilting by Angela
Twitter: Angela Walters
For insights on other free-motion quilting books, SewCalGal maintains a matrix of such books.