> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Favorite Tutorials - Hunter Star

SewCalGal maintains a list of quilters that use Modern Quilting Tools, that you can use to find a variety of tips, tutorials and inspiration.  Simply click on the page labeled "Quilter with Tools"  and click on the link for any of the blogs listed, with tools that you are interested in.  When you visit the blog type in the name of the tool  you are interested in to see their insights on that tools.  For example,

Click on "All Things Crafty" and in the search box type in "AccuQuilt" to see a list of posts on AccuQuilt products. 

Trish, of All Things Crafty,  has many wonderful posts, but I'm particularly excited about the Hunters Star tutorial that she recently shared.  It definitely is one of my favorite tutorials and I wanted to tell you about it.  It is actually a two part tutorial with  part one sharing insights on cutting, block assembly and basic quilt assembly.  Part two  shares insights on how to assemble the borders. 

Yeap, Trish's tutorial for this beautiful Hunter's Star definitely goes into my list of favorites.  I'm looking forward to making a quilt using her tutorial too.  I do hope you'll go over and visit Trish at All Things Crafty, and definitely check out this tutorial.

8 comments:

Mommarock said...

Oh yes! Now that is a beautiful quilt :) I do so love that, and can imagine it in many beautiful color combinations. However I think my favorite would be deep maroon and creme!

Barb said...

I love this star and will go and watch this video...(when time permits)..thanks for the links!!

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing this with us!

HOPE said...

Thanks so much for this link...I LOVE this pattern..and have been planning to make this for ages..

Happy Quilting
HOPE

free indeed said...

That is one I'd like to do sometime. thanks for the links

Michele said...

Thanks for sharing!

sewfunquilts said...

Love it and thanks for sharing the tute with us.

KaHolly said...

This quilt is beautiful! I've always been fond of 2-color quilts. Thanks for sharing the quilt, the tute, the links. Wow! It's like hitting the jackpot.