> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you welcome a new season?

As a child, it seemed that it took forever for summer to go by and school to start.  I now feel that time flies by, but I have come to appreciate the change of seasons.  And, I'm always happy to have Autumn arrive and show off all the beautiful colors of nature.
Wouldn't it be fun to have a Fall picnic with quilters?  I can visualize all the beautiful quilted table toppers decorating the tables.  And, beautiful quilts hanging from the trees.  Yes, it would be a fun time. 

I don't have all that many Fall theme table toppers, wallhangings, or quilts, but I'm definitely wanting to create more.  As such, I certainly enjoy finding inspiration by seeing what others have made.
I was delighed when Polly (Polly's Porch) shared photos of her very cute Halloween Quilt that she made with her AccuQuilt GO! and tumbler die. 

Do you know about Polly's secret for making beautiful quilts?  She has Yogi as a Quilting Supervisor, who also works hard to test every quilt Polly makes. 

Polly is one of the very talented quilters that is part of the group of Quilters with Modern Tools.  Like others in this group, you can find great tips, tutorials and inspiration on their blog by searching "AccuQuilt".  Polly has also written three great posts about creating beautiful quilts using the tumbler die that you can view anytime:  Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. 

The Fall AccuQuilt Blog Hop continues thru the rest of this week, where several members of the Quilters with Modern Tools group will be sharing new insights that I think you'll enjoy.  Think of it as a virtual Fall picnic, full of fun for quilters. 

Tuesday, September 27th
Wednesday, September 28th
Thursday, September 29th
Friday, September 30th


7 comments:

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Loved seeing this tumbler quilt. I have a stash of Halloween fabrics that I have been wanting to make the same quilt with my tumbler dye. One of these days.

quilterliz said...

G'day. Great quilt, love the colours. Take care. Liz...

Rosa said...

Lovely.I chance the runners and the pillows to welcome the new seasons.

Katrina said...

I love Polly's quilt too and I think it might just be my next Tumbler project :-D I have a drawer full of Halloween prints that I can never seem to stop buying. I love inspiration.

When I finish it we can go and have a picnic together and use it to sit on - what do you say?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful tumbler quilt! I've got to get that die! Autumn is my favorite time of year and I like to put out runners and placemats in fall colors. Polly has such a neat blog!
Quilting by the River

sarar1234 said...

I love this quilt, I have enjoyed and commented on everything so far. Can't figure out yet how to become a member of the quilters with tools but I'm working on it...

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I have had so much fun hopping around town tonight. Such great tutorials and the fabrics are so much fun. The quilt above is great fun too....thanks for the hop...I've really enjoyed myself tonight!

Smiles,
Kelly