> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, July 15, 2011

Pets on Quilts - Info for non-bloggers & those looking for project ideas

The Pets on Quilts Show 2011 to be held August 15-19th 2011. I'm busy working with sponsors to be ready for a formal post early August, to recognize all sponsors.  Today I wanted to share insights for how non-bloggers can enter this show, but first I found some cute pet theme patterns and wanted to share insights, should anyone still be looking for a project idea for this show.


If you are still look for a project idea for this show, or for other reasons, you may want to check out these designs:
l spotted a cute pattern called  Best Friends Forever at The Quilted Kitty.  They have oodles of pet theme patterns, fabrics and other fun items too.


And, I found some really cute free patterns from Blank Quilting. This pattern is called "Dog Treats".

In an effort to allow non-bloggers to enter the Pets on Quilts Show I've taken a look at a variety of free photo web hosting utilities.  I wanted to recommend a utility that would allow anyone to be able to view photo entries, without having to have an account, as well as a text message to be associated with the photo that would take the place of a blog post.  As such, I'm going to recommend the Flickr utility.  But if you have a different photo web hosting utility that you feel meets my requirements, you may use it. 

This page is viewed as a "test area" for non-bloggers.  To clarify, this is not the place you enter your actual photos for the Pets on Quilts Show.    

Steps for non-bloggers will be:
  • First, be sure you have a Flickr account (www.flickr.com).  In Flicker, join group "Test Area For Shows".  
  • Upload your photo to Flicker, batch organize, send to groups, select "Test Area for Shows".
  • After photo has successfully been loaded to the "Test Area for Shows" group, click on your photo in that group and copy the link to your particular photo entry. Add that link to the linky tool below:






If your link does not allow others to view your entry, or I do not have a way to contact you via your entry (e.g. ability to send an email to you via the link tool or thru the Flickr email) your link may be removed.  Should your link disappear, or you do not receive an email back from me to confirm your test worked, please email me so we can resolve any potential issues prior to the start of the show.  Again, I do want to ensure I have a way for non-bloggers to participate in the Pets on Quilts Show and I probably will not have time to help resolve potential issues during the show.
Also, Amy (Amy's Creative Side) also has a great post with tips on using Flickr that you may want to read if you are not familiar with Flickr or Flickr groups.




7 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Thanks for the tips. I will be checking out those pattern sites. :-)

Dana Gaffney said...

O.K. I tried it and it worked great. My picture kept with the theme. ;)

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am so looking forward to this. It is going to be FUN!!

Mary Couch said...

Is this only open to non-bloggers?
Hugs from Mary

Mama Spark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Spark said...

Have you already posted the Mr. McLinky for this yet? I finally took some pictures to use for this and was going to make it my post for today. Would I still be able to submit if I post today? When are you accepting sign ups?

Anonymous said...

I hope this worked.

Lynn W.