> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, April 22, 2011

FMQ Quilting Challenge

Did you participate in the 2010 FMQ Quilting Challenge?  I did!  And I was amazed how much my FMQ skills improved as a result of taking the challenge of practicing FMQ over a 14-day period.  Plus, I had great fun.  Well, this fun event is being held again and you still have time to join.  I highly encourage it.

Very easy challenge that works on the premise that you practice free-motion quilting every day for 14 days and you'll see an improvement.  I can truly say if you participate in this challenge and practice FMQ daily for 14 days you'll be amazed how your FMQ skills improve. 

They also have prizes to award on May 13th! 


Wendy of Inky Threads and JoAnn of Thread Head did a fantastic job coordinating this fun event last year.  And I do hope you can participate this year.  I'd really love to participate again this year, but sadly it just won't work for my schedule.  But I do hope you'll participate and share insights on how your FMQ skills improve during this challenge, as I'm sure they willl.

Enjoy!

For more information on the 2011 FMQ Quilting Challenge, as well as to sign up to participate, click here.

3 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

From "Boobs" to FMQing....hmmmm I'm really behind...guess I need some wheaties :)

Kelly

Dana Gaffney said...

I'd love to try it, but time isn't willing. I like following it though and seeing people improve.

Mary Ann said...

I'm participating in this year's FMQ Challenge - some of the participants from last year are back again and their work is absolutely amazing - a must see! http://fmqchallenge.blogspot.com/