> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gifts from the heart

I'm a Southern California Gal.  I've lived in other places and traveled to many beautiful cities, but my heart is here.  I love the ocean and while I know my love of quilting could mean that I could be happy living any place, this will always be home for me. 

When I decided to start writing this blog, I saw various quilting businesses closing their doors and designers and teachers having a difficult time, as our WW economy went downhill.  I wanted to try to help and I also wanted to expand my insights on quilting, sewing and embroidery beyond my local quilting world.  Thus, I created "SewCalGal" where I could research, learn and share my insights.  But it is easy to go to work researching, when you work at home, and forget to get dressed up in proper attire.  I always wanted to have a cute blog, but truly lacked the talent to dress up "SewCalGal".

Yesterday morning, while enjoying a cup of coffee and reading blogs, Madame Samm contacted me.  I was delighted thinking this was my chance to have coffee with her.  She is a wonderful woman, with many talents, who truly gives from the heart and always inspires me.  To my surprise and delight, Samm told me she wanted to "do me".  She knew me, when I didn't know me, but now I know me and love me.  I love "SewCalGal".  This blog makeover is definitely me.  And I feel inspired to be dressed up and ready to research and share insights. 


I'm really so excited that it is difficult to find the worlds to share how delighted I am, and how appreciative I am.  Thank you  Samm.  Thank you very much, with all my heart.

You can find Madame Samm at Sew I Quilt and Stash Manicure.  As she has a post today that I think is another great example of what an inspirational woman she is, I do hope you'll check out this post and also consider following her, if you are not yet a follower of Madame Samm. 











Ok. I have to ask.  Don't you think I look spectacular dressed up in my new "SewCalGal" outfit?

46 comments:

Jen said...

It looks fabulous! Madame Samm does great work!

Mommarock said...

Oh what a lovely makeover.. now I'd have her over if only she did faces like she does blogs LOL..

Anonymous said...

(whistle)
Love, love, love the new look!

Wacky Woman said...

Yes I do like the new sunny, happy feel it seems to bring. Good job.

lynneUSA said...

Love it --looks really great

Mama Spark said...

You look Mahavalous dahling!! That umbrella is really too cute! Way to go MS!!

Regina said...

Absolutely great!

The Bear's Blog said...

WONDERFUL. Love the umbrella.

Hugs.

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

How fun. Her blog makeovers are all so cute.

jennB said...

Love it! heading to go check her out right now!!

Sand and Sunshine said...

It looks amazing and what a great thing to share with a friend. Truly two thumbs up for everyone.

Barb said...

I just love your new look...so fresh and invigorating....

Wendy said...

You are truly a California girl now :) Big time thumbs up on your beautiful makeover!

Cindy said...

Well sonw, Madame Samm !! Darlene, it looks fresh and clean! Oh, how I love it, love it, love it.

A NEW YOU !!!

Jan said...

What a delightful new look. SoCal for SewCal.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Love the new look...Madame Samm does it again!!

Janet said...

It looks great! She really has a golden touch - did you see Bonnie Hunter's?

jfquilts@gmail.com

Melissa Corry said...

I love the Makeover!! Samm is such an amazing person and she did a fabulous job!!

Michelle said...

YOU LOOK GOOD!!! LOL!

Sherri said...

Your blog looks amazing...Samm is amazing!

Marie said...

You look absolutely divine. Mme. Samm does a phenomenal job of getting to know someone and replicating them in her work. Congratulations for being in the right place at the right time.

Hugs - Marie

Sara said...

Love the new look! We all deserve a makeover once in awhile.

Ariane said...

I love your makeover!!!! It looks wonderful!!! Isn't Samm so talented!! Your blog was great before, but now it shines like you!!!!

Jocelyn said...

WOW Darlene! Your blog looks AMAZING! What a wonderful gift from the Madame Samm. She is so talented and creative. Enjoy your new place :-)

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Love the new look. It's perfect.

Kathleen said...

I love it...love the umbrella...so beachy....love your blog....

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh - I just love your new "do"! How sweet of Samme - and it really is just so cute!

Becky said...

Love your new look! What a great gift!

Kate said...

Great new look! It looks like summer!

Jamie Fingal said...

Very fresh, fun and new look. Fabulous job!

MJ said...

Heck Yea!! The new look is awesome! Very You SewCalGal!!

Tonya said...

The 'new' you looks great! Madame Samm did a beautiful job!

Kim said...

Oh look at you!
Bonnie Hunter got a blog make over too.

Looking good girl!

Happy Sewing

QuiltSue said...

I think you look absolutely fantastic all dressed up and ready to party. I also love Madame Samms blog.

Pat said...

Your new look is so cool!

Marjorie said...

What a wonderful makeover - it's a perfect reflection for your blog!

Joanne Lendaro said...

You look marvelous darling!!!

SheilaC said...

wOw! I love the new look!

SheilaC

sewfunquilts said...

It's definitely a winner and a keeper! She does a WONDERFUL job.

Micki said...

I love the new look and Madame Samm does great work!
Micki

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Your makeover is beautiful. Very fitting, fresh and easy. Give her a big hug from me will ya? Now that is bloggy love :)

Kelly

Joanna said...

Compliments to you and Madame Samm on you new blog do. I love the umbrella. The header is cheerful and clear. Very nice.

Vicki said...

WOW what a lovely fresh make over for the New Year. Congratulations on your new look, Madame Samm did a fantastic job.

Lana said...

Oh WOW! I am so Happy for you!!! She DID capture you~ and I can't think of a better person! Congratulations!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love your new look! You're all dressed up but I feel it's still okay to just take off my shoes, lean back, wiggle my toes and relax!

Linda

Talin's Corner said...

I always enjoy reading your posts, your love of blogging and quilting shows through. You inspire us!