> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Designer Challenge Part 1 and Part 2

Are you good at recognizing designers' by their work?  If you have been a follower of SewCalGal, you may know that I periodically post a challenge where I start off providing a clue and see who can be the first to guess who the designer is.  If no one correctly guesses in a reasonable time, I add another clue.  

The first person to correctly guess the designer gets the fame by being recognized on the "Designer Challenge page on my blog.  And all the participants get the opportunity to become more familiar with designers. I had a personal goal of being able to recognize designers by their work and decided to periodically hold this challenge on my blog.  I hope you'll give it a try and enjoy learning too!

Part One of this challenge is my posting photos are insights about the designer in this challenge. Today, I will give a clue that this designer is well known for their expertise with Electric Quilt.



Part Two

Who Guessed this Designer:  The person that was the first to correctly guess this designer is Gene Black (Art by Gene). 

Who is this Designer:  Angie Padilla's designs are found on "Angie's Bits and Pieces".  She has many wonderful designs and I think her Bloomin Hearts would be beautiful for Valentine's Day, or any time of the year.
Angie lives in Quito, Equador.  She has an excellent eye for color and design and creates a large variety of designs that are all spectacular.  Typically, you can buy her patterns from her online store and receive in EQ6 format or PDF format.  Or you can obtain a yearly membership, where you have unlimited access to her designs and more membership benefits too.

I am extremely fond of the book "EQ6 Applique' Drawing", written by Angie.  While written for EQ6, this book definitely benefits EQ7 users too.  It is well written and has fun exercises that help you build your expertise with EQ's applique' features and more.  Also, this book is currently on sale via the Electric Quilt website for 50% off while supplies last.  And there is a free lesson, from this book, that is also available online.

Also, My Dreamhouse Software, by Electric Quilt, is with EQ Projects of Applique' patterns by Angie.

Lastly, Angie was also a nominee for the Golden Quilter Awards in 2010.


I hope you will take time to visit Angie's Blog and check out her patterns at her site:  http://ajpadilla.com/

And, I hope you'll also pop over to Gene's blog to congratulate him on correctly guessing this designer.