> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, October 8, 2010

Robin Quilts, etc. of Two Wacky Women

I recently hosted a sew-cial on Mission Bay, and was delighted to have Robin Gallagher and Marilyn Pond, of Two Wacky Woman, come spend the day with me.  Both of these ladies are delightful and very talented.  While I plan to share more about Two Wacky Woman in the future, I wanted to focus today on sharing insights about Robin's designs.

Robin came to this sew-cial bringing along an amazing Trunk Show of her designs.  And she kindly approved me sharing them with you. 

Robin's quilt designs are really beautiful.
{above} Magnolia Lane is such a fun quilt design that would look great in just about any fabric combination.
{above} "East Meets West "69"x83" is a great quilt design that really shows off the novelty/focus fabric in the center blocks and in the border.  Instructions are well written and easy to follow, making this a perfect quilt for all levels (beg to advanced).

{above} I really enjoyed seeing the 'Wacky Devine Nine" design made up in cute Halloween fabrics. Can you see the nine patch blocks in this quilt?  This pattern is well written and perfect for all skill levels.  It is a fast quilt that really creates a fun wacky feeling to make a fun quilt, perfect for any color combination!


{above} Robin's Magical Slice & Dice quilt is truly spectacular.  This photo doesn't do this quilt justice.  It is a beautiful quilt that just radiates fun and excitement.

Robin has several really cute bags & tote designs. 

I have found Robin's Letty's Bag and Letty's Little Bag patterns to be well written, with excellent visuals, making these patterns very easy for someone that is new to making bags & totes, as well as creating a fun design for those that are more advanced.  I also enjoyed seeing various ways that the strap can be routed thru the grommets, creating a completely different look.

Robin also has some really fun stuff patterns too!

And, Robin loves to teach classes as well as share her trunk show and give presentations at quilt guilds, quilt shops, etc..  You can contact her directly for more information if you'd like to have her come to your quilt guild.  And if you'd like her to come teach a class at your local quilt shop, be sure to let them know. 

Robin also has some great tutorials, including a video that helps you install purse grommets.

Patterns can be ordered from Robin's website and she also accepts wholesale orders!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of Robin's trunk show!  I know I did!
Blog: http://robingallagher.blogspot.com/
Website: http://www.robinquiltsetc.com/
Retreat Website: http://www.twowackywomen.com/
email:  Robin@robinquiltsetc.com

10 comments:

paulette said...

I enjoyed EVERY moment- thanks for sharing!!
Paulette

Pat Sloan said...

I'll have to look them up at Quilt Market.. will you be at market?

Micki said...

I really enjoyed seeing all of Robin's work. She is super talented.
Micki

Millie said...

Beautiful quilts from Robin, Darlene.

Barb said...

I did enjoy it, I have been conversing with Marilyn for some time now and enjoy her blog. I was jealous that she got to meet you.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Great patterns and I want the black and white quilt....it just jumped at me.

Smiles,
Kelly

quiltingnana said...

I like trunk shows...thanks for sharing

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I love that Letty Bag. Robing and her sister are super talented ladies.

Pat

KeyQuilter said...

Did you plan the retreat?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Something so wonderful about the photos of Quilts taken outside! WOW! Gorgeous! Love the pretty bags, too! ♥