When Paula first designed the bag, she made several different colors to match her various outfits. Upon seeing a number of Paula's bags, customers at the Quilt Country shop joked that she couldn’t make just one. Paula replied , “ Yeah, it’s just like the famous potato chips - you can’t eat just one; I couldn’t make just one.” Hence, the potato chip bag was named. Coincidentally, the purse is just large enough to hold a small bag of potato chips.
Paula shared that the most surprising thing about this bag is just how much it actually carries! Her friends and family are always amazed when she turns her bag upside down and tons of stuff pours out. Those four pockets really help keep it all organized!
This cute pattern, and several other new patterns by Paula Hughes, will be at Quilt Market in the Quilt Country booth. Wholesalers can also order through Quilt Country, Checker or United Notions Wholesale Distributors.
Other patterns Paula has designed are:
- Paula’s Purse – A tote-bag with lots of pockets
- Charming Table Setting – A table runner and placemat set
- Friendship Paths - 3 quilt sizes and a table runner featuring the friendship star design
- Conundrum - 3 quilt sizes with easy piecing, but a complicated-looking design
- Over and Under - 3 quilt sizes with a simple, woven-look design
- Metro Bag- Similar to the Potato Chip Bag and a little larger, this customizable bag offers 3 different flap styles and encourages a place for personal creativity, or a place to try a new sewing technique. It’s large enough for an eReader.
- Mini Messenger Bag - Similar in style to the Potato Chip Bag, but this bag is large enough to hold a NetBook, iPad or eReader. It also has a small accent strip for added style.
- eCovers- This is a diagonally-stripped or simply-quilted fabric cover to fit over your eReader, iPad, or Netbook. It adds personalized style and extra protection!
Individual orders can be purchased from:Quilt Country 701 S. Stemmons #60
Lewisville, TX 75067
I hope you also like the Potato Chip Bag. I know I'm eager to make one, but anticipate I too will not be able to make just one.