> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, October 11, 2010

2011 Quilt Calendars, by That Patchwork Place

There are 80 days left until 2011 arrives on our doorsteps, which means 74 days until Christmas.  I think it is time to start thinking about 2011 calendars. 

I wanted to share insights on two 2011 calendars, from That Patchwork Place, that I think are spectacular.  Of course, That Patchwork Place always creates high quality books and other printed material, so of course, their calendars are top notch too!  

That Patchwork Place  Quilt Calendar 2011 is a lovely 12"x12" calendar, with a dozen spectacular quilts. 
Personally, I love using a calendar that inspires me.  Even better when the calendar contains projects, with a step-by-step instruction, for all the quilts included in the calendar.
And, this calendar is packed with designs from popular designers such as Kim Diehl, Sally Schneider, Cynthia Tomaszewski, and Karla Alexander.
There is a nice flow of quilts, in a variety of methods and styles, from scrappy quilts, folk-art styles, fusible applique', patchwork and more.  I also picked up a feeling of change of of seasons, as the quilt designs and colors seem to softly reflect the respective month on the calendar.
This is beautiful calendar that would also make a lovely gift.
2011 Calendar Award-Winning Quilts Featuring Quilts from the International Quilt Association is also a spectacular calendar, full of inspirational quilts.

This beautiful calendar features 13 award-winning quilts from the 2009 “Quilts: A World of Beauty” juried show.
Caryl Bryer Fallert, Karen Stone, Robbi Joy Eklow, many other talented quilt designers are included in this amazing calendar.
Like going to a spectacular quilt show, this calendar fills you with inspiration.   It is also a calendar that would make a wonderful gift.

This is certainly a great time to select a calendar for 2011 for you to use, and maybe even for a gift for quilting friends!

http://www.martingale-pub.com/store/

10 comments:

Pat Sloan said...

i love that scallop quilt by Karen stone. I took a workshop with her and she was making it!

Wacky Woman said...

Thanks for the reminder; this is now on my list.

Sherri said...

What gorgeous quilts and calendars...thanks for the preview!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh I love calendars....I keep the photos and use mod podge to put them on top of boxes etc....they are so much fun. I want them all...I'm so bad.

Smiles,
Kelly

Marjorie Busby said...

These are wonderful, absolutely beautiful quilts. Maybe every room in my house needs a quilting calendar. I especially like the IQA calendar.

Becky said...

Thanks for the great calendar review! I love quilt calendars and usually receive one each year for my sewing room. The first one really appealed to me. Will look for it in book stores and quilt shops. Thanks again!

Diane H said...

These are all so wonderful! A sewing room would be lucky to be graced with any of these.

Anja Rieger Design said...

Stumbled on your and absolutely adore it. Please, continue the fantastic work! I love it !

Barb said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh love them all...thanks for the info!

Cynthia Stockdon said...

Breathtaking quilts! I can't believe Christmas is so close!