> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, September 20, 2010

Eleanor Burns at the San Diego Quilt Show




















I always enjoy seeing Eleanor Burns, as she is just a warm hearted woman that when I leave I always feel happy. As such, it was delightful to chat with her at the recent San Diego Quilt Show (SDQS).  And I so loved shopping in her booth too!  It is easy to see why she unanomously won the Golden Quilter's Award in 2010, for "Lifetime Achievement".

I was also excited to see a Day and Night quilt in this show.  This beautiful quilt was made by Jeanne Rumsey. 


I also learned of a great opportunity in 2011 that you may want to participate in:

Eleanor Burns and Quilt in a Day holds several quilt retreats, throughout the day.  In the Spring 2011 they will have a fun retreat at a new location that is a great place for quilting retreats.  May 23-26, 2011 the Spring Retreat  with Eleanor will be held at Vina de Lestonnac Retreat Center in Temecula.  The sewing room is large and bright with lots of room to quilt, cut, sew and design.  The sleeping rooms are in a separate building a few steps away from the sewing room.  The dining room is a nice walk of about a half block, just enough to get the blood flowing from having been sitting and sewing for several hours.  As you walk back from your meals you can take in the sights of surrounding vineyards.  There are two options for this fun retreat:  1) You can work on any Quilt in a Day pattern, or 2) you can take a structured class with Eleanor.  The project Eleanor is teaching is the Radiant Star quilt from her new, improved book (available Jan-Feb, 2011).  For more info contact Quilt in a Day.

Quilt in a Day
1955 Diamond Street
San Marcos, CA  92078
800-777-4852

SewCalGal highly recommends signing up for Quilt in a Day's newsletter.   This is a great way to hear about new products, fantastic sales, and many other items.

Quilt in a Day:  http://www.eleanorburns.com/
Eleanor's blog Strip Quilter:  http://www.stripquilter.com/

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Eleanor Burns has always been such an inspiration to me. When I first started quilting, I learned the old fashioned way with scissors and templates. Quilt in a Day came into my life and revolutionized my quilting. I love her patterns. AND she is so much fun!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love Eleanor too and got to meet her earlier this year. I love watching her shows! :-)

Dana Gaffney said...

I love that woman. Quilt in a Day on the web is one of those dangerous places for me, I buy soooo much fabric whenever I stop in. Welcome back by the way.

qiadrobin said...

Sew Cal Gal - you are so sweet! Thank you for your support.

Barb said...

How fun...I would have loved to have been there.

I signed up for their newsletter, thanks!