> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pets of Quilts Show: Mary McCrory Valaika

This cute beautiful girl is the four legged "grandchild" of Mary McCrory Valaika.   Mary submitted this entry via Facebook, with the following insight:
















Here is Scout the Australian Shepherd, lounging on the Buffalo Bill Commemorative quilt I made for Ms. Scout's owner, my son. Scout "helped" make the quilt, she would lay her head on my foot on the sewing machine pedal and my machine would ZZZZZZZZzzzzz! This is Scout's first quilt :^) My son tells me Scout is very possessive of the quilt.








Go directly to the show to view more quilts. 

I've extended the deadline out for non-bloggers to submit entries to me, as I haven't found it to be as much work as I had thought (consolidating them with the other entries).  Thus, the new deadline for non-bloggers to enter is Friday, 8/13 midnight!  Bloggers will continue to be able to enter thru August 21st, but as a special post will be made this Saturday, to open up voting for Viewers Choice, there is clearly an advantage of getting your entry in sooner than later! 
To review the rules for this show click here.
 
To see the list of prizes click here.  Note, as of 8/12 there are still a few more prizes that I need to add to this list.

13 comments:

Diane H said...

Mary, Beautiful Scout did an amazing job on this wonderful quilt! Thanks for entering it.

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

My pup likes to rest his head on my foot to while I'm sewing. Thanks for sharing, he's a cutie

QuiltSue said...

That's lovely, thank you for showing us.

Nanbon44 said...

two of my dogs are always under my sewing desk as I am working on my quilts, scout looks so cute on the quilt

hetty said...

Lovely quilt and a beautiful Scout! He did a great job 'helping' you with this quilt.

Nina Marie said...

Don't you love cooperation!!

Becky said...

Great quilt! Great dog! Thanks for sharing!

SheilaC said...

Scout looks SO comfy! :)

Thank you for sharing your quilt!

SheilaC

Janet said...

Looks like he's enjoying the quilt he helped make. Lovely dog.

Dana Gaffney said...

Scout is beautiful or I quess I should say handsome. He picked the perfect quilt for him. I love his colors and markings. Thanks.

Kim said...

Scout looks really comfy on the beautiful quilt.

Nancy Sue said...

I've never seen an Austrian Shepard relax. He must really like the quilt. I know we do!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

I love that Scout helped you sew this quilt. It turned out really good! Makes sense that Scout would be possessive over it!