> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Friday, July 30, 2010

Pets of Quilts Show - Categories of Prizes



















There are currently 24 types of awards for the Pets on Quilts Show!  While I'll be sharing more specifics on these prizes under a separate post, I wanted to share insights on what these categories are now.  If you have any questions, please email me or leave a comment at the bottom of this post.

All prizes will be awarded using a random number generator, with the exception of Viewer's Choice Awards, for the following categories:


  
For those that kindly took time to help with PR for this quilt show, they will be eligible to win prizes that will be awarded as follows:  
  1. Show PR Helper #1 – Bloggers that took time to write a “post” on their blog will be eligible to win this prize.
  2. Show PR Helper #2 - Bloggers that took time to write a “post” on their blog will be eligible to win this prize.
  3. Show PR Helper #3 - Bloggers that took time to write a “post” on their blog will be eligible to win this prize.
  4. Show PR Helper #1 - Bloggers that took time to post the “badge” for this show on their blog will be eligible to win this prize.
  5. Show PR helper #2 - Bloggers that took time to post the “badge” for this show on their blog will be eligible to win this prize.
  6. Show PR helper #3 - Bloggers that took time to post the “badge” for this show on their blog will be eligible to win this prize.
If you have helped with PR, please leave a comment on this post before August 7th, showing if you have helped by writing a post (and provide the respective link to your post) and/or if you have posted a badge to this show on your blog.  And, thank you very much for your help!   The more people that know about the show will hopefully bring more people to participate, which will mean more fun and beautiful quilts to view!

If you enter a quilt (traditional, modern, mixed media) with a pet theme in the quilt, or a pet on the quilt, you will be eligible to win prizes via a Random selected prize, as well as via Viewer's Choice.  The categories of prizes are:











  1. Cat on Quilt #1 – Those that enter a quilt with a cat on it, or a quilt that has a cat design (or cat fabric) will be eligible to win this prize.
  2. Cat on Quilt #2 - Those that enter a quilt with a cat on it, or a quilt that has a cat design (or cat fabric) will be eligible to win this prize.
  3. Cat on Quilt #3 - Those that enter a quilt with a cat on it, or a quilt that has a cat design (or cat fabric) will be eligible to win this prize.

  4. Dog on Quilt #1 - Those that enter a quilt with a dog on it, or a quilt that has a dog design (or dog fabric) will be eligible to win this prize.
  5. Dog on Quilt #2 - Those that enter a quilt with a dog on it, or a quilt that has a dog design (or dog fabric) will be eligible to win this prize.
  6. Dog on Quilt #3 - Those that enter a quilt with a dog on it, or a quilt that has a dog design (or dog fabric) will be eligible to win this prize.

  1. Other Pet (e.g. Rabbit, mouse, hambster, horse, etc.) on Quilt #1 - Those that enter a quilt with a "Other type of pet"  on the quilt, or a quilt that has an other type of pet design or fabric will be eligible to win this prize.
  2. Other Pet (e.g. Rabbit, mouse, hambster, horse, etc.) on Quilt #2 - Those that enter a quilt with a "Other type of pet" on the quilt, or a quilt that has an other type of pet design or fabric will be eligible to win this prize.
  3. Other Pet (e.g. Rabbit, mouse, hambster, horse, etc.) on Quilt #3 - Those that enter a quilt with a "Other type of pet" on the quilt, or a quilt that has an other type of pet design or fabric will be eligible to win this prize.
For those that visit the quilt show, to view all the quilts entered and leaves a comment on the exhibitors posts, they will be eligible to win prizes.  A special post will be made on August 21st for individuals to post a comment on, to enter to win this category of prizes:
  1. Show Viewer #1 
  2. Show Viewer #2
  3. Show Viewer #3
Voting for Viewers Choice will start the 2nd week of the show.  A special post will be made whereby people can vote for their favorite quilts on display.  Prizes will be awarded as follows:
  1. Viewers Choice Cat on Quilt
  2. Viewers Choice Dog on Quilt
  3. Viewers Choice Misc Pet (e.g. Rabbit, mouse, hambster, horse, etc.) on Quilt
  4. Show Voter #1: anyone that takes time to view quilts and vote for  their favorites, per the categories stated, is eligible for this category of prize.
  5. Show Voter #2:anyone that takes time to view quilts and vote for their favorites, per the categories stated, is eligible for this category of prize.
  6. Show Voter #3:anyone that takes time to view quilts and vote for their favorites, per the categories stated, is eligible for this category of prize.

Random prizes will also be given to those that come visit the show.  You can get entries by:

1) Leaving a comment on any of SewCalGal's posts about the show.  Just be sure that when you leave the comment you have read all the rules.  You may also want to look at the list of prizes and let me know what prizes you might be interested in winning, should you win.  For example, your comment might be:  Having fun at the show.  Mary (#6, #19, #31), so that I know Mary is particularly interested in winning prize #6, #19, or #31.

2) Being a follower of SewCalGal and leave a comment letting me know you are a follower and visiting the show.

3) IF you visit all the entries in the show leave a comment to let me know you have done so, and how many you visited.  You'll also need to leave a comment on each of the show entries' blog posts!  But, be aware that if you post this comment too early, and more entries are added, you can not repost.  Ultimately, you want to post this comment on the last day of the show, where you have a greater chance of visiting all the entries.  As such, you'll be eligible for a special prize!

But, when you enter you need to be sure I can easily contact you if you win.  For those that leave comments Anonymously and do not leave a way I can contact you, as well as those with no-reply settings on their comments, they will be disqualified from winning prizes.

Shortly after the show closes on the 21st, a post will be made to announce the winners.  The winners will have five days to claim their prizes, or another name will be drawn for that prize.

It may seem complicated to review all the rules, categories of prizes, list of prizes, show entries, etc.  But, just like visiting any big show there is a lot to see and do.  Always easy to overlook a great opportunity and later be sorry, thus I hope you'll take time to review these tips, if you want to increase your chances for winning prizes in this show.

I hope you are enjoying the Pets on Quilts Show.  I know I am.

29 comments:

Barb said...

How are you going to keep all of that straight? What work you have put into this....

Dana Gaffney said...

I am so looking forward to this one, quilts and animals, it doesn't get any better. I'm excited about the possiblility of non-bloggers, I may have to throw a quilt on the floor and get the camera.

I Quilt Scarlet and Gray said...

Hi, I did put a badge on my blog 'http://iquiltscarletandgray.blogspot.com/' and I will entering a quilt. Can we enter more then one?

KaHolly said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of work for you! But fun for us! ~karen

Cynthia Stockdon said...

Great idea! Can't wait to see all the entries. I bet when I want my cat to sit on a quilt, she won't do it!

SheilaC said...

wOw!!! Hope you have a spread sheet or something to keep track of all of these prizes and entries.
You are going to be busy :)

I posted the button, and wrote a post!

I can't wait to see all the adorable pets and quilts. I am getting my camera ready!!

SHeilaC

http://myemptynestisfullofcathair-sheilac.blogspot.com/2010/07/get-your-cameras-ready.html

Leslie said...

I think I got all that straight. How cool that you have that many prizes. Thank you to you and the sponsors.
I put up a badge and did a blog post
http://thecraftyunicornquilting.blogspot.com/2010/07/week-in-review.html
I will be entering a quilt as well

Vicki said...

I've written a post about the contest (http://felinesandfibrearts.blogspot.com/2010/07/sewcalgals-pets-on-quilt-show.html) and I have a badge on my sidebar which I will keep there for the duration of the contest. I also have my quilt picked out that I'm going to enter. I'm looking forward to this contest to see all the pets on quilts. This is going to be lots of fun.

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like a fun project. I can't wait to see all of the quilts.

Unknown said...

Fabulous idea. I am posting a link on my blog.
Looking forward to see lovely quilts and pets.
Gina

Nanbon44 said...

I have had you button for this contest on the sidebar for both my blogs since you first put it up and tonight I posted about the contest on both blogs with links to your site.

Nanbonscorner.blogspot.com
and
Nanbon44.blogspot.com

I can not wait to see what everyone enters, and thank you so much for all you do to make our blogging experience a great one, you are the best Darlene..

Unknown said...

I can not believe the work you've gone to for this great event! I'm just catching back up on all of my visiting and can't wait to see the entries. (Can I have the purple kitty at the top of the post please :) just kidding-not really)

Thanks Darlene, it's looking great!

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Great idea...can't wait to see all the entries. I just posted about it on my tiny blog :-)

http://sunnaturalsandgifts.blogspot.com/2010/08/get-your-close-ups-ready-for-pets-on.html

I Quilt Scarlet and Gray said...

I just created a post on my blog 'http://iquiltscarletandgray.blogspot.com/' asking for suggestions on which picture I should enter in the Pets on Quilt Show. Comments would be appreciated.

Quilthaze said...

This is fab idea for a show! I've posted on my blog and added a badge to my sidebar. Can't wait for the fun to start!

Beth said...

I loved the idea and I wrote a post on my blog!

Cynthia Stockdon said...

I just wrote a post about the show-
http://catsongstitchery.blogspot.com/2010/08/pets-on-quilts-show.html#links

Sheryl said...

I just posted about your show on my blog:
http://scrapsfromsheryl.blogspot.com/

Needled Mom said...

I have posted about the show and added the button to my blog.

Diane H said...

I did a post on the show and have the badge on my sidebar.
http://sideroadstitcher.blogspot.com/2010/07/pets-on-quilts-show.html

Jo said...

I posted on my blog as early PR.

MJ said...

I love it! A show for quilts & pets... two of my favorite things! I'm looking forward to seeing more entries.

MJ said...

I love it! A show for quilts & pets... two of my favorite things! I can't wait to see more entries.

Linda said...

You are amazing! I can't believe how much work you're putting into this for others...what, yes I can! You are always so thoughtful and encouraging. Thank you for hosting this cool show!

Karen S said...

I know this is late, but I did do a post for early PR on my blog -- but you already knew that.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

I would like to enter the contest. I have posted the button on my blog.

Here is the link to my blog entry. (I really hope I did this right!)

http://veggiehunter.blogspot.com/2010/08/entry-for-sewcalgal-pets-on-quilt-show.html

Thank you for hosting such a fabulous contest!

Janet said...

The purple cat is priceless! And I love the teddy with the bunny slippers!

Quiltalicious said...

This has been so much fun - the quilts are amazing and the pictures so inspiring.

Kim said...

Thanks for hosting the quit show! I wrote a post and posted the badge on my blog at: kimsherrodstudio.blogspot.com.