> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Christmas with Possibilities





















Christmas with Possibilities, by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith, and published by C&T Publishing is being released this month.  It is a delightful book, packed full of designs, quilting tips, and ideas for making some wonderful Christmas gifts and items to decorate your own home for the holidays.  



















This  book states on the cover that there are 16 designs in this book, but from my count you get many more!  Several of  the designs provide insight on how to create additional projects (e.g. pillow, placemat, table runner, bags).  Plus you can create a variety of other projects with the beautiful applique designs included in this book.  And while many of these projects are focused on Christmas, many of these designs can make projects that can be used all year round. 


















Projects range in size from small, such as placemats or album covers, up to large projects, such as full size quilts.




















There is a variety of techniques used from standard machine piecing, to paper piecing, to applique.  And excellent instructions and tips are provided to help quilters of all levels.





















Each design comes with fabric & supply requirements, well written instructions, and excellent visuals.




















The photography in this book is excellent.  I loved how many photographs didn't just show off the project, but showcased it for how it would make a home for the holidays look so special.


There is also a variety of colors used, from traditional to non-traditional holiday colors.  And each color theme is impressive.

















There is also a nice variety of examples for decorating jackets, sweatshirts, or other clothing attire.





















And I really enjoyed the lovely holiday pillows and Christmas stocking projects.




















There are several lovely wallhanging projects.

 Several designs for cute placemats, table runners and napkins.

















I'm definitely getting excited about a Christmas with Possibilities.  I now have visions of wonderful projects dancing in my head.  And I so want to wrap myself up with a beautiful quilt, and sit by a lovely Christmas tree, while enjoying a fire and all the beautiful decorations!




















Yes, "Christmas with Possibilities" is certainly an inspirational book, that will give you oodles of possibilities for decorating your home for the holidays and making beautiful Christmas gifts. 

SewCalGal highly recommends this book for anyone wanting to get into the spirit of Christmas, as well as those looking for ideas for making Christmas gifts and/or items to decorate your home.  Linda, Nancy and C&T Publishing did a fantastic job with this book and I'm sure you will enjoy it too!

You can order this book thru C& T Publishing.



And, keep in mind, the projects you make with this book would certainly be great projects to enter in SewCalGal's Virtual Christmas Quilt Show 2010.   Plenty of time to get your projects ready to show!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, that does look like a very fun book....

Carla said...

Ok now this is my kind of book!

Micki said...

What a neat book! I will be getting ready for Christmas a bit earlier this year.
Micki

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Well, I like to chime in with ...wow what a wonderful book.....but I know I won't make a single thing because I will be knee deep into something....I just know me...:) But it is great to be able to read about it and know what I'll be missing.

Giggles,
Kelly

Linda said...

Thanks for your thorough review and insights! I love everything they publish and this book seems to have so much! Hopefully my employer will order it for the shop and I can make a few samples from it!

Ivory Spring said...

What cute projects!

Cindy said...

This book has CINDY'S name all over it. This is the first I've seen anything about this book.

Oh my word, if this isn't something I NEED! I'll definitely be on the lookout for it.

Thank you SEW MUCH for always keeping us informed of the latest and greatest items on the market, Darlene.

You are such a treasure.