> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, October 22, 2009

QuiltingArtsWorkshop.com


















Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors offer a collection of DVD based workshops that allows the flexibility of learning at home, at your leisure.  And unlike a regular class, it allows the ease of repeating the workshop (re-watching the DVD) as many times and as often, as you wish.   No more taking a class and months later wondering how did the teacher do that ?

I selected "Making Faces Beginning and Advanced Portraits" with Maria Elkins and found this DVD learning opportunity to be delightful.  Maria does a great job of sharing insights on her technique to make faces, beautiful & artistic faces!  While I've never considered myself artistic, watching this DVD has given me the confidence and skills to make a quilted face.  While I don't have my quilted face ready to share with you, I couldn't wait to tell you about this learning opportunity and how much fun I had with the Quilting ArtsWorkshop's Making Faces DVD.

Here is a quick overview video of this delightful workshop:




For a complete list of DVD & downloadable workshops available at QuiltingArtsWorkshop.com click here.

I hope you will visit check out the complete DVD workshop offering that QuiltingArtsWorkshop.com has.  Again, I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences with their Making Faces workshop.  I'm trying to decide which video workshop I want to pursue next.  Will it be "Painting Fabric For Wholecloth Quilts", by Judy Coates Perez, "Whimsical House Quilt", or "Master Machine Quilting: Free Motion Stitching and Thread Sketching", by Susan Brubaker Knapp.  There are so many wonderful DVD, or downloadable, workshopshops that I may just decide to get them all and not worry about trying to decide which one to get next!

http://www.quiltingartsworkshop.com/

3 comments:

Barb said...

I can not wait to see what you have done. I don't know if I have it in me to do that...

Maria said...

I'd love to see your portrait too!
Maria

Unknown said...

I LOVE Maria's work and was at the studio when she was taping this particular DVD. Everyone in the green room was oohing and aahing as we watched. :)