> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Basic Beauties, by Lynette Jensen



















Basic Beauties, Big & Small, by Lynette Jensen is another delightful book by Thimbleberries. Well written, great photographs.  
This book is perfect for beginner quilters, as well as master quilters.

There are 22 projects in this book, with easy to follow step-by-step instructions, with full color photos. 

I love the Little Red Houses design, a classic design.  It is a lovely quilt design for any home, and also makes for a perfect housewarming gift. 

The Whispering Pines Wall Hanging would also make a delight Christmas gift.  I know  I'd love it if someone made this beautiful quilt for me!












All the quilting projects in this book are delightful.  They'd make fantastic gifts as well as make for perfect quilts for your home.  I'm inspired and now trying to decide which of these beautiful designs do I want to make next.   But I also love how the book provides insights on "big & small", as I can also quickly try out a design technique in the "small" version, before I commit to a "big" project.
















This book is definitely inspirational.  I recommend it for any quilter, and for those looking for a gift for another quilter.  I'm sure anyone that received a quilt, using the designs in this book, or received a copy of this book as a gift, would certainly treasure their gift.  Beautiful designs.  Lovely book. 


http://www.thimbleberries.com/

And when you visit the Thimbleberries' website, be sure to sign up for their delightful newsletter!

No comments: