> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Travel Case, by P3 Designs

Pearl P. Pereira is a delightful quilt teacher and excellent pattern designer. She is also well known through her business name "P3 Designs". She provides entertaining lectures for quilt guilds, teaches at workshops, retreats, and quilt cruises. She is also going to be teaching at the upcoming Long Beach International Quilt Show this July. And, she'll be at the Houston Quilt Market this fall. I'll write more about Pearl, in the near future, as I want to share with you what I've been up to with one of her patterns.


I just made a couple of what I consider "tool cases", with her "Travel Case" pattern. This pattern was very easy to work with and the project goes together very quickly.



















I used scrap fabrics, that I could quickly put my hands on, but you could use your favorite fabrics, or even leftover quilt blocks.






















This travel case is great for carrying quilt and sewing items. I use mine to carry a a small cutting mat, small rulers, my rotary cutters, small scissors, and my seam ripper.





















I can't wait to make more, and I want to place a machine embroidery design on some for gifts. Wouldn't a monogram or cute design look great? Even a name would be good. And these would make perfect hostess gifts for a sew-cial, birthday gifts, or even a Christmas gift.

I definitely recommend this pattern, and Pearl has created some wonderful designs that can be found on her website. I can't wait to make more projects with Pearl's creative designs.

http://www.p3designs.com/

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What clever designs and cute projects. Thanks for sharing this.

Micki said...

I love the projects and yes, machine embroidery would be lovely for them!
Micki

Mary said...

This is a wonderful pattern and traveling case. Your idea of using embroidery also sounds like a great idea. I hope you post some pictures when you do one. I use mine for my paper piecing tools. I made mine out of a heavier weight fabric and it has held up very nice over the years. You can see a picture of it here. http://community.webshots.com/album/10493445RQnnewtjpt?start=48